Storage Solutions Convert a network HDD to a USB one?

Hi Guys,

I have a 2 TB ext network HDD The Goflex Home from Seagate. It fits onto a base and the base connects to power and the router via data cable. Is there any way I can convert this to a plain USB drive, so that I can connect it to a laptop directly?

Alternatively I am willing to sell it pretty cheap as I have no use for a network drive.

I would suggest to keep the base, because the GFH is pretty much one of the best entry level NAS. In the future, say your office, it can be reused.

As for the base, you would need to get it from USA or put a WTB here. I too would be interested in one if the rate is about 2K or less with a case, and its USB 3.0 interface.

Thanks. Don't know if it's worth the effort.

else, pm me if you want to sell..:)

PM sent. BTW, It's 3 years old. Saw that I bought it from Flipkart on 21st Oct 2011. Like I said, if local you can use it for a while, test it and then pay. I know that guys here want all kinds of tests for HDDs, that I have no idea how to do.

I would suggest to keep the base, because the GFH is pretty much one of the best entry level NAS. In the future, say your office, it can be reused.

As for the base, you would need to get it from USA or put a WTB here. I too would be interested in one if the rate is about 2K or less with a case, and its USB 3.0 interface.

Thanks, but I'd prefer to sell.

I'll take the required pics and post in the For Sale forum.

Any idea what kind of a price I can expect?

I'll take the required pics and post in the For Sale forum.

Any idea what kind of a price I can expect?

Depends on what you want to sell.

I think the GFH should sell for ~8K with a 2TB drive, in warranty. Deduct 1K for no warranty.

If you plan to sell without the HDD - 4K.

Back