PC Peripherals Cooler for mosfets?

i just read somewhere here in the forums, delays in delivery, and such

and can i use something else, like a large heatsink for those mosfets?

cause i can see drilled holes there

Lynx would be your best bet if he has them in stock, otherwise you can order them off ebay.com, I ordered some enzotech heatsinks and they arrived in 10 days.

Otherwise if theres space you can reuse any other heatsinks you have as well

lynx is a good dealer for stuff in stock and audio hardware. for stuff he has to import in he will take generally 15 to 20 days minimum. order on ebay for 1200 rs. otherwise buy asus board. they have ocp and not one has reported vrm failure even low end boards like mine. same amount add onto mono and get a heatsinked one.

These heatsinks are easily available in electronics markets - I bought about 50 of them at Rs. 10 each. They need thermal tape to attach, but in a pinch you can jury-rig them. I used a piece of stiff wire to go through the holes and keep the sinks in place while the tape arrived. It worked fine, keeping temperatures below 80 degrees on the MOSFETs even under very heavy overclocking.

You have to look for the ones used to cool small transistors and voltage regulators.

thank you all for your replies

so if i use some other cooler instead of enzotech, that will suffice?

also, @cranky-- did u drill holes for the wire to go through/?

Nope. The board had holes. The heatsink had a bunch of parallel fins. The space between two fins is how the wire went.

You can use regular thermal paste. Apply thermal paste on the heatsink/mosfet. Add a small drop of superglue at the corners of the heatsink/mosfet to get it to stick properly. The heatsink is removable, if you are careful with the amount of superglue you use.

do not use super glue!! in case of any prob with the mobo u will need to remove the custom heatsink. this will pull out ur mosfets also.
u just need to have some sort of heat exchange heatsink for the mosfets. any will work be it an old gpu heatsink cut urself. it just needs a metal contact for tranfer of heat as air is a bad conductor.
it has been proven that a measly 40mm fan blowing over the mosfets even at very low rpm will reduce surface temps by 50%. thermal paste will not hold the heatsink in position for long.
thermal tape is available at itdepot.com

DealExtreme is cheap but only good if you're okay with waiting 20+ days for the parts to arrive ...

i dont have a credit card or paypal account

how will i pay to dealextreme?

can only use ccavenue

anyways, thank you guys for replying to me, if any metal contact can work then

i'l buy a copper heat spreader from local shops and try installing a fan above that

Back