Corby or Blackberry 8520

sc0rpi0guy

Disciple
Hey guys,

My friend is looking to buy a Mobile Phone and has 2 options in mind:

1. Corby
2. Blackberry 8520

His main purpose is for chatting(eg: Facebook...) and the phone should be able to hold more than thousand contacts. he is not a music listener or much into taking photos so, so camera and mp3 player capability is not his main requirements.

so kindly put ur inputs and share ur thoughts as to which phone will serve his purpose.
Thanks in Advance :hap2:

For chatting on instant messengers & social networking, Blackberry is the Best! Period.

He only needs to be ok with the monthly charges for the Blackberry service.

nikeel said:
For chatting on instant messengers & social networking, Blackberry is the Best! Period.
He only needs to be ok with the monthly charges for the Blackberry service.

hey thanks for ur advice, how much might BB charge monthly?

can BB8520 store any number contacts, more than 1000 contacts :huh:

The post you are reading right now has been written from a curve 8520. . . It is my dad's . . .if it was mine I would have thrown it out a long time back. . . The phone is damn boreing and sadest application support IMO. . .

Go for corby. . .

Well go for blackberry...loads of application available for Blackberry OS...and it's OS is damn fast...don't bother about contacts...i think it's practically unlimited (depending upon memory card size). Typing is heaven in Blackberry. Two type of services are available for Blackberry...BIS and BES...BIS will allow you to surf net on your device...costs around Rs899/- per month for unlimited data usage...BES will give you access to IMs (like GTalk, Yahoo, MSN etc) and 10 email account for Rs 300/- month for unlimited data usage. I own a Blackberry Curve 8330 and I'm in love with it...camera quality is good...music quality is also very good...stock headphones are quite descent...and as far as I know 8520 has dedicated media keys...and more over if you have a Blackberry...you stand out of crowd :)

Konquerror said:
Well go for blackberry...loads of application available for Blackberry OS...and it's OS is damn fast...don't bother about contacts...i think it's practically unlimited (depending upon memory card size). Typing is heaven in Blackberry. Two type of services are available for Blackberry...BIS and BES...BIS will allow you to surf net on your device...costs around Rs899/- per month for unlimited data usage...BES will give you access to IMs (like GTalk, Yahoo, MSN etc) and 10 email account for Rs 300/- month for unlimited data usage. I own a Blackberry Curve 8330 and I'm in love with it...camera quality is good...music quality is also very good...stock headphones are quite descent...and as far as I know 8520 has dedicated media keys...and more over if you have a Blackberry...you stand out of crowd :)

thanks for the Advice will let my friend know abt it. :hap2:

sc0rpi0guy said:
Hey guys,

My friend is looking to buy a Mobile Phone and has 2 options in mind:

1. Corby

2. Blackberry 8520

His main purpose is for chatting(eg: Facebook...) and the phone should be able to hold more than thousand contacts. he is not a music listener or much into taking photos so, so camera and mp3 player capability is not his main requirements.

so kindly put ur inputs and share ur thoughts as to which phone will serve his purpose.

Thanks in Advance :hap2:

BlackBerry seems cool, but only for 2 days.

you have to shell extra money, and feature less phone.

Samsung Corby is the choice...

it's not that status symbol, but it's cool...

and java apps are available for orkut, facebook and even IM's..

so Corby is choice.

man , just get nokia e63 n install fring n all , what i cna tell u from personal experince touch will b difficult for chatting n all , u must need qwerty pad , blackberry has 1 but u need their plan , better have gprs plans ,now a days they dont cost much , just check in ur city n there u go

..viky..

hiviky2212 said:
man , just get nokia e63 n install fring n all , what i cna tell u from personal experince touch will b difficult for chatting n all , u must need qwerty pad , blackberry has 1 but u need their plan , better have gprs plans ,now a days they dont cost much , just check in ur city n there u go

..viky..

Made the right choice...
Nokia E63 is good device...
it's good replacement for blackberry.....

nice approach and thinking...

CorbyTXT- 6.5k has everything which e63 has except s60v3. . .corby has social networking sites integreated which look good on the home screen. .
Btw where did you find loads of good apps for bb os?

^^^I don't like Samsung for their proprietary OS..you won't find 3rd party applications for Samsung OS...There are applications available for BB OS for Facebook and Twitter...and lot more applications...just google for it...

amitmishra12 said:
CorbyTXT- 6.5k has everything which e63 has except s60v3. . .corby has social networking sites integreated which look good on the home screen. .
Btw where did you find loads of good apps for bb os?

that's not a big deal as we can find tonnes of apps on android and symbian.

check these phones anyways

corby pro
nokia 5800XM
HTC Tattoo

Back