CPU/Mobo Core 2 Duo E6600 shows as 1.8ghz in System properties in Win 7

aka007

Disciple
My Intel C2D E6600 shows as 2.4ghz 1.8ghz in system properties in Win 7. I read in aome other post that Intel chips change frequency based on the load they are facing. I download Core Temp and it showed my frequency varied but only to a maximum of 1.795ghz. I tried playing 1 HD movie and 1 normal movie. Freqnecy didnt cross 1.795 ghz. I recently changed my mobo as my previous mobo failed. I have a Mercury DG 965t board. It supports the FSB of the processor. And also my graphic cards isnt displaying anything when i plug it in. I use the GPU port still monitor shows no display. The person who insatlled the mobo changed some setting in BIOS. How do i get my graphic card to work. What settings do i need to change in BIOS.
also i did prime95 test, even on full load i get only 1.8ghz. The problem is my bus freq doesnt cross 199mhz

Lot of motherboards use the Phoenix BIOS, so the actual options inside each section vary a lot.
What options under Frequency/Voltage control? You should be looking for an adjustable CPU FSB setting.

Or else reset your BIOS and see if it detects the right FSB.

you need to manually set the cpu frequency / FSB from bios to 266 Mhz but doing this may OC your ram modules as well .. so make sure you set a correct ratio [ FSB : DRam ] here.

Lot of motherboards use the Phoenix BIOS, so the actual options inside each section vary a lot.
What options under Frequency/Voltage control? You should be looking for an adjustable CPU FSB setting.

Or else reset your BIOS and see if it detects the right FSB.
I did reset my bios, but in vain. I just have one option under Frequency/Voltage control it is enable multiplier which is already set to 9 and it is the maximum.[DOUBLEPOST=1389944163][/DOUBLEPOST]
you need to manually set the cpu frequency / FSB from bios to 266 Mhz but doing this may OC your ram modules as well .. so make sure you set a correct ratio [ FSB : DRam ] here.
How do I do that?

I did reset my bios, but in vain. I just have one option under Frequency/Voltage control it is enable multiplier which is already set to 9 and it is the maximum.
What options do you have under BIOS features, Advanced BIOS features and Advanced Chipset Features? Can you look for a CPU FSB setting under one of these sections?

What options do you have under BIOS features, Advanced BIOS features and Advanced Chipset Features? Can you look for a CPU FSB setting under one of these sections?
FSB is not mentioned in any of these settings :arghh:. Under vga settings i have dvmt size 128mb and dram is OS2 or something.

FSB is not mentioned in any of these settings :arghh:
If not FSB, it will say clock or something else. Look for any setting that relates to the CPU speed and has a value of 200, since thats what your FSB is set at now.

Is there a PDF manual with your motherboard that you can upload somewhere? That should have screenshots of your BIOS options.

IMG_20140119_103254.jpg
IMG_20140119_103304.jpg
IMG_20140119_103316.jpg
IMG_20140119_103332.jpg
IMG_20140119_103354.jpg
IMG_20140119_103407.jpg
IMG_20140119_103422.jpg
IMG_20140119_103451.jpg
IMG_20140119_103505.jpg
IMG_20140119_103513.jpg
IMG_20140119_103529.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1390109354][/DOUBLEPOST]hope this helps..

hmm.. there's no oc option except cpu clock ratiobut this is not applicable for your cpu .. anway, if the pci-e slot is ok then you may set PEG/Onboard vga control from auto to PEG only- save - reboot - shutdown the pc and install the gfx card and see if it works.

That is how it will be - intel speedstep in action. It'll automatically reduce the multiplier when there is no load on the CPU. Try running something intensive like prime95 and have cpu-z running. You'll see the clocks going up and down based on load.

If it is still the same inspite of load, then the bios might have a bug. Try getting an updated bios.

hmm.. there's no oc option except cpu clock ratiobut this is not applicable for your cpu .. anway, if the pci-e slot is ok then you may set PEG/Onboard vga control from auto to PEG only- save - reboot - shutdown the pc and install the gfx card and see if it works.
I will check if the gpu works by changing it. thanks

That is how it will be - intel speedstep in action. It'll automatically reduce the multiplier when there is no load on the CPU. Try running something intensive like prime95 and have cpu-z running. You'll see the clocks going up and down based on load.

If it is still the same inspite of load, then the bios might have a bug. Try getting an updated bios.
the multipler is not a problem .it changes properly .only the bus speed. how do i update my bios.?

i had noticed this on my uncle's pc with dual core E5700(1 core at 3ghz and other at 1.8 ghz) long time back. i could not remember what exactly i did, but i think i have changed the multiplier from default 9 to 15 which enabled both cores to work at 3ghz speed.

Back