Core i7

kolguy

Adept
Q: What is your budget?

35 to 45 k ( lower the better)

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

check sig

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

cm 690, corsair H50, AOC 22", HD 5850, HX650, both my 550gig and 1TB HDD

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU: i7 mostly will go for 930 but 860 is not ruled out.

Motherboard not sure ... help needed.

RAM help needed want to go for tripple channel 6 Gig kit

Need second moniter might go for the same AOC moniter or something decent like it.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Maybe in a year

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Chennai might consider some etailers

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

will depend on warranty etc.. but almost very little chance.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

Browsing

Download rig, 24x7 operation

Watching HD movies

Coding

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Will like Gigabyte MB ... ROG MB are a decent second

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

I mostly play Eve online with multiple clients running ... will like second moniter partly for that ... also more screen space when coding is nice.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

HD 1920x1080 X2

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes .... as much as i can push it with reasonable temps

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit Home premium... already own a retail copy my understanding is that i can use that the new machine also as long i dont use it on another machine.

Well i have to add 5 or so PC's for my office so thought this would be a good time to use my current quad and MB for a file server we need. So moving to new solution for myself. Will be adding another HD 5850 in xfire maybe in a few months. Mainly looking at a decent Motherboard and RAM ... either for a core i7 930 or the i7 860. Second moniter is of high importance ... its diffulcut to alt tab in eve especialy in a fight ... plus when working would be nice to have those pesky jboss instance running in a seperate screen so i can debug on the fly ... Fire away ...

any suggestions ?

UD5 i am quoted a price of 19100 is this correct or to high ? also for memory they have quoted a price of 13800 for

cmp6gx3m3a1600c8 dominator.

Got myself a Core i7 930 on asus rampage gene II with Gskill ram kit still awaiting this ... along with a g15 and another AOC 22" 2236 VW.

Back