Corona virus

Vitamin D supplementation should be followed by Vitamin K (Vit. K1 and K2) to avoid conditions involving hypercalcemia and associated serious health issues.

Damn in the entire summer I get no sun exposure at all. Assuming I have severely low amount of Vit D.
Most probably your assumption is right.

Was in same situation during Covid19 lockdowns, my levels were chronically low which I found after testing.

btw, it does not harm to take few Vit. D pills anyways, but make sure you are getting enough Vit. K1 and K2 also.

Both vitamin K and D are fat soluble ( and carries risk of hypervitaminosis at least in theory)
In a country like India with abundant sunlight all through the year, a normal adult shouldn't develop vitamin D deficiency.
Yes, your level may go down, but it's not an indication for substitution
Please go slow with vitamin D intake.
If you're worried about your low levels, visit a doctor ( preferably a proper endocrinologist)
Damn in the entire summer I get no sun exposure at all. Assuming I have severely low amount of Vit D.
Don't worry about it, one day under the sun will raise it.

Last edited:
Almost 70-90 per cent people in the country (India) are vitamin D deficient putting them at risk of having hypertension and diabetes, according to a study.

Despite its abundant sunshine the Middle East, a region spanning latitudes from 12°N to 42°N allowing vitamin D synthesis year round, registers some of the lowest levels of vitamin D and the highest rates of hypovitaminosis D worldwide.

Last edited:
You can possibly find studies relating vit D from erectile dysfunction to glioblastoma.
Don't go hard on vit D based on the 25(OH)D3 level alone....that's all I can say as a professional of medical field for more than 20 years.

Attachments

• fendo-09-00550.pdf
    312.6 KB · Views: 97
Discussion is about a person who said "Damn in the entire summer I get no sun exposure at all. Assuming I have severely low amount of Vit D."

In ME region children have low Vit.D related health concerns, they get issues with legs, etc. Vit. D which generally is found to be benefitial. Have seen lot of similar cases in India too. Lot of studies on those lines which is difficult to ignore.

-----------------------

India has delayed committing supplies of vaccine to the COVAX global sharing platform, two sources told Reuters on Tuesday, a day after one of its key backers, the WHO, said the agency could not "cut corners" to approve a domestically developed vaccine.

Last edited:
Back