PC Peripherals Corsair AX series PSU no longer available in India

deathblade

Disciple
For anyone who is looking to buy this SMPS, AX model is no longer available in India because of BIS certification issues. Hence if you are RMAing this, you will only get a partial refund based on purchase date.

As for the pricing, this model was selling brand new for around 38k when it was available in India. This is priced extremely high considering its 4 n half years old. I have seen people are selling this around 23-25k in FB market groups.

For anyone who is looking to buy this SMPS, AX model is no longer available in India because of BIS certification issues. Hence if you are RMAing this, you will only get a partial refund based on purchase date.

As for the pricing, this model was selling brand new for around 38k when it was available in India. This is priced extremely high considering its 4 n half years old. I have seen people are selling this around 23-25k in FB market groups.
Purchased two used AX1200i last year and yes it is true. They refund amount is calculated on the bill along with depreciation or you can walk out with a RM1000M, whatever you have mentioned is on point and Corsair has no plans for the BIS approval because this model particularly is very expensive in India and doesn't sell that much.

Purchased two used AX1200i last year and yes it is true. They refund amount is calculated on the bill along with depreciation or you can walk out with a RM1000M, whatever you have mentioned is on point and Corsair has no plans for the BIS approval because this model particularly is very expensive in India and doesn't sell that much.
Damn ! I was hoping to get this as one of the retailers had told me that we can see some updates to inventory next month. So just to be clear, they asked you to take RM1000x for an AX1200i without any compensation/price difference along with it.

Damn ! I was hoping to get this as one of the retailers had told me that we can see some updates to inventory next month. So just to be clear, they asked you to take RM1000x for an AX1200i without any compensation/price difference along with it.
Either take the refund or walk out with a RM1000X with no additional amount.

What a rip off! And I thought I was getting shafted when I was told to take an RM1000x for an RM1000i.
one way to deal with this is call into corsair support USA or email them directly , i wanted to buy a spare hard drive cage for my corsair case and india support was non responsive and down right insulting , so i called them US support using skype.

not only they had the product in stock they sent it to me for free without any shipping charge , compared to what india support told me to basically beat it , and told me to wait indefinitely.

one way to deal with this is call into corsair support USA or email them directly , i wanted to buy a spare hard drive cage for my corsair case and india support was non responsive and down right insulting , so i called them US support using skype.

not only they had the product in stock they sent it to me for free without any shipping charge , compared to what india support told me to basically beat it , and told me to wait indefinitely.
I already did this. They just merged my request with original India ticket. I do think that the process was sped up a bit because of this but I doubt they would change their policy on refund.
1652609032988.png

I already did this. They just merged my request with original India ticket. I do think that the process was sped up a bit because of this but I doubt they would change their policy on refund.
View attachment 134124
I guess they deal with refunds differently in my case they were simply being dicks and refusing to source the drive cage, in any case I think it's better to lay of Corsair PSUs then if that's how they are gonna play.

I guess they deal with refunds differently in my case they were simply being dicks and refusing to source the drive cage, in any case I think it's better to lay of Corsair PSUs then if that's how they are gonna play.
Their PSUs are okay(including service) if you buy low end stuff from them. Unfortunately they do make some of the best PSU out there in terms of high end product, and features such as software monitoring are barely available anywhere else.

Their PSUs are okay(including service) if you buy low end stuff from them. Unfortunately they do make some of the best PSU out there in terms of high end product, and features such as software monitoring are barely available anywhere else.
software monitoring is always overrated most of the time they are giving reading off the values provided by the system , which is never that accurate , you need proper hardware monitoring tools , plus a decent oscilloscope to get accurate readings for any kind of professional setup.

there is reason why no other manufacturer includes this heck even corsair has phased it out because it is gimmicky at best you would be better served with a high efficiency PSU from sea-sonic plus a kill a watt meter or any cheapo IOT plug for that matter , it will be much cheaper and much more versatile setup that these I-series PSUs from corsair considering they don't even make them anymore and short change you in case of a RMA

software monitoring is always overrated most of the time they are giving reading off the values provided by the system , which is never that accurate , you need proper hardware monitoring tools , plus a decent oscilloscope to get accurate readings for any kind of professional setup.
Yes and no. There are things like efficiency, fan control, internal temps (major point during hot summers in my area) and voltage values that do come directly from PSU (as opposed to MOBO values).
would be better served with a high efficiency PSU from sea-sonic plus a kill a watt meter or any cheapo IOT plug for that matter , it will be much cheaper and much more versatile setup that these
I was trying to find/build a setup like this as nobody in India is providing monitoring features with PSUs. I was panning on using the adhoc setup on an Antec SP 1300 but found no options. Can you share some links for these IOT devices (and their availability in India) ?

Last edited:
Yes and no. There are things like efficiency, fan control, internal temps (major point during hot summers in my area) and voltage values that do come directly from PSU (as opposed to MOBO values).
the values reported by the monitoring tool is the values reported at the rails not from the wall thus they are a little offset from the actual values, PSU fan control might be something that's unique that you do not get anywhere but i really doubt a single 120/140mm PSU fan is loud enough to throw off your overall setup noise, but hey if you want to control each and every fan in the system additional cost might be worth it to you.

the values reported by the monitoring tool is the values reported at the rails not from the wall thus they are a little offset from the actual values,
Wouldn't they have put an offset already on the system?
PSU fan control might be something that's unique that you do not get anywhere but i really doubt a single 120/140mm PSU fan is loud enough to throw off your overall setup noise, but hey if you want to control each and every fan in the system additional cost might be worth it to you.
It's not just that but the rest of the other stuff as well as mentioned in my earlier post.

I was trying to find/build a setup like this as nobody in India is providing monitoring features with PSUs. I was panning on using the adhoc setup on an Antec SP 1300 but found no options. Can you share some links for these IOT devices (and their availability in India) ?
you can buy them off amazon or newegg they hardly cost 20-30 USD

there are some by wipro that have wifi inbuilt so you can get wireless energy monitoring and can even remotely turn it off and on, it gives pretty accurate power monitoring and that is straight off the wall you can order some advanced ones from newegg that provide additional features

you can buy them off amazon or newegg they hardly cost 20-30 USD

there are some by wipro that have wifi inbuilt so you can get wireless energy monitoring and can even remotely turn it off and on, it gives pretty accurate power monitoring and that is straight off the wall you can order some advanced ones from newegg that provide additional features
I already have basic power monitoring available through my UPS but Wattmeter with wifi features sounds good.

Back