PC Peripherals Corsair CX430 V2 - switch making sounds

DD2020

Recruit
I am in a situation, please help.

I purchased corsair CX430V2 only 4 days back, since then the switch connected to my pc had to be replaced twice. Either the switch or something in SMPS made bursting sound 3 to 4 times (a sudden 'bhat') and once the mains tripped. But the comp is running normally. No burning smell or smoke after the 'bhat's. I can't be sure whether it is the SMPS because the plug point/switch had a history of problems. :) I even tried to switch on and see where the 'bhat' s are coming from, but all those times there were no 'bhat's.

1) If the capacitors in SMPS have started bursting can the SMPS still work? If no then ofcourse the problem is with the plugpoint/switch.
2) I am happy to see that kaizen is replacing with brand new products, but should I wait till the SMPS go bad? can I test something myself? I am a bit more worried because CPU/MoBo/RAM are all new too:)

I am in a situation, please help.

I purchased corsair CX430V2 only 4 days back, since then the switch connected to my pc had to be replaced twice. Either the switch or something in SMPS made bursting sound 3 to 4 times (a sudden 'bhat') and once the mains tripped. But the comp is running normally. No burning smell or smoke after the 'bhat's. I can't be sure whether it is the SMPS because the plug point/switch had a history of problems. :) I even tried to switch on and see where the 'bhat' s are coming from, but all those times there were no 'bhat's.

1) If the capacitors in SMPS have started bursting can the SMPS still work? If no then ofcourse the problem is with the plugpoint/switch.
2) I am happy to see that kaizen is replacing with brand new products, but should I wait till the SMPS go bad? can I test something myself? I am a bit more worried because CPU/MoBo/RAM are all new too:)

dat_bhat :p

anyway, if the psu is running fine, its most probably the switch, but do test psu #36

all switches are rated at 6A and the sound is because they're getting overloaded. that's around 1200watts. what is your computer config if i may know? either, there's something wrong with the wiring in your home or psu is not good enough for components in your pc and is getting overloaded at start.

Back