FS: Others Corsair CX750M (2021) PSU, Intel i5 6600K(has iGPU) + MSI LGA1151 socket MoBo, CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU cooler.

FlyingVadapav

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Mumbai
Item Condition
3 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Sep 1, 2015
Shipping Charges
Local buyers only
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
none
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
upgraded to 12400F
Corsair CX750M is a sealed RMA unit with 30 Days official warranty - ₹4000 (free shipping)
I upgraded to a 12400F and 3060Ti in July this year and decided to keep the old PSU and ram. The next day after the upgrade a component in my old PSU CX750(green label, 2013 model) exploded. I didn't expect a replacement for the PSU because it was out of warranty so I got a new SMPS. I informed Corsair about this incident and they agreed to issue a replacement PSU.​

Below items are in working condition with no official warranty. I'd rate their condition 2.5/5.
Intel i5 6600K - ₹4500 + shipping

MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard - ₹800

The Mobo has 2 issues, they are:
1st ram slot doesn't work.
Can't run in dual channel mode(2nd and 4th slot).
Simply put you can insert only one ram stick in any of the ram slot except the 1st one.​

Cooler Master Hyper 212X CPU cooler - ₹700
Some parts are rusted, refer the images. But I still get good temps with it. 31°C idle at 27°C Ambient temperature.​
I would prefer selling the CPU+MoBo+Cooler bundled together.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 302
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 248
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
The next day after the upgrade a component in my old PSU CX750(green label, 2013 model) exploded.
Damn hope it didn't damage anything else that sounds quite serious , never had a PSU personally fail on me though but had a friend whose antec unit fried his motherboard and ram stick with it , and released black tar inside the case it was nasty.

Curious what could be the reason for failure what was the total power draw of the system? Was it more than 700 watts?

Curious what could be the reason for failure what was the total power draw of the system? Was it more than 700 watts?
Nah, total power draw should've been like ~140Watts. The component blew up when I turned on the PC by pressing the power button on the cabinet. There were tiny black particles at the back side of the cabinet, in front of the PSU grill. I had a 12400f, 3060Ti, 2 Sata drives and a total of 4 fans hooked to the psu. All the other components are in working. Played some Forza and Portal MEL stories on it.

Try running the mobo with stock cooler. Overtightened CM 212X screws may cause RAM issues you mentioned.
The processor doesn't come with a cooler. 17K for this baby and still no cooler ;-; I could try troubleshooting with no cooler or loosening the screws of the cooler but I'll have to unplug my PSU from the current system which will mess up the cable management. So, nope!

CPU, MoBo & Cooler on hold.

Last edited:
Nah, total power draw should've been like ~140Watts. The component blew up when I turned on the PC by pressing the power button on the cabinet. There were tiny black particles at the back side of the cabinet, in front of the PSU grill. I had a 12400f, 3060Ti, 2 Sata drives and a total of 4 fans hooked to the psu. All the other components are in working. Played some Forza and Portal MEL stories on it.
Well that's quite unfortunate, it's a little worrisome though if it was because of some defect , though Ampere series is known for high transient spike where it could spike upto 2-3 times it's rated TDP for few moments but still 750 watts is plenty should not have happened.

Especially worried since all my PSUs are Corsair and just bought a 650 watt CV series from a forum member let's hope it doesn't blow up on me and take something else with it

Bump! All items available for sale. Mumbai buyers preferred.

Corsair CX750M (2021) price revised to 3.5K including shipping. Has 3 weeks Official warranty left.

Especially worried since all my PSUs are Corsair and just bought a 650 watt CV series from a forum member let's hope it doesn't blow up on me and take something else with it
You'll be fine as long as you're not using the 30XX+ series cards from Nvidia. You can upgrade to the CX750M (2021) for INR 3.5K :p

Back