FS: Storage Hardware Corsair MP510 1920GB 1.92TB m.2 NVMe SSD (new)

I told them that I take the responsibility in case it gets damaged. The clerk at the counter did not argue and I of course I was polite with him ;)
Can I ask, for international packages like these, do you have to seal the package at the counter after showing the contents/do they ask you to open the package to inspect the contents, if sealed?

Good question @edept . Yes, it is better if you show them the contents at the counter and seal later. (And I did the same even this time). I use the tamperproof pack (like the amazon ones) which makes the job easier. HTH!

How did speed post accept it.post office says no to electronic items

Can I ask, for international packages like these, do you have to seal the package at the counter after showing the contents/do they ask you to open the package to inspect the contents, if sealed?

Most major cities have a India Post FPO, or Foreign Post Office.

If you have IEC (import export code), you can send directly through their business counter without opening the parcel, using any of the services that India Post provides (EMS/Speedpost, Registered Post, Registered Parcel Post). This is a fairly new initiative, promoting export through ecommerce.

I don't have an IEC code, so in this case you can approach the postmaster of the FPO (which is different than the postmaster of the local post office that the FPO is attached to) and explain the reason (RMA, gift for a friend, care package for a relative, it should be a noncommercial reason) and they'll need to physically see what you're sending since apparently a lot of people are sending illicit drugs outside of India. This is just an outdated formality since every package is xrayed during sorting later. Then they'll either have their people pack it, or you can package it on their premises and take it to the business counter. You'll need a photocopy of your aadhar for this and fill out forms in duplicate.

This is how I sent high value items that I used to sell on eBay (anything over $50).

But because of the paperwork and petitioning involved, I've started sending things through ordinary letter/small packet post. For this, you attach a CN22 customs form on your package, calculate postage on India Post's website, purchase and attach stamps, and drop it in at the post box at the FPO. This way there's no human interaction and it's a painless option. I've send a few hundred parcels this way, from before the lockdown, during the lockdown and after the lockdown. There's no tracking but not a single parcel has been lost.

For RMA purposes, Corsair required a trackable service so ordinary post was not an option.

Back