Corsair offering inferior PSU as a replacement

Update: They are offering RS 12200 as refund after calculating deprecation at 10% every year (2 years 8 months for me). Should I just accept it? Please share your inputs on this.

sanjeevram

Up! Up! Up!
Adept
Update: They are offering RS 12200 as refund after calculating deprecation at 10% every year (2 years 8 months for me). Should I just accept it? Please share your inputs on this.
You will be better off, Taking the Rm1000x and sell it for around 13-14k. Lot of people should be willing to buy it for that price.

StygianClaw

Patron
As you've already purchased another PSU, taking the refund is better IMO. It's not worth the hassle of selling the RMAed unit factoring in shipping costs and effort unless you find a local buyer.

You will be better off, Taking the Rm1000x and sell it for around 13-14k. Lot of people should be willing to buy it for that price.
Doubt that it would sell for any more that 10k. A new one comes at around ~15k(link) with ~3 more years of warranty. I just sold a brand new sealed CX650F (bought while waiting RMA) and had to take a loss of more than 1k on it.
As you've already purchased another PSU, taking the refund is better IMO. It's not worth the hassle of selling the RMAed unit factoring in shipping costs and effort unless you find a local buyer.
Seems like a good option to me as well. Just a little peeved of by Corsair/Kaizen not providing full refund as the issue is on their side.

Skynet

Disciple
Doubt that it would sell for any more that 10k. A new one comes at around ~15k(link) with ~3 more years of warranty. I just sold a brand new sealed CX650F (bought while waiting RMA) and had to take a loss of more than 1k on it.

Seems like a good option to me as well. Just a little peeved of by Corsair/Kaizen not providing full refund as the issue is on their side.
They are giving a refund that's a big win , they hardly ever refund money , atleast not without a serious threat.

I think you should take the money and avoid hassle of getting the PSU since you have already bought a replacement.

Also pretty sure they will b**ch and moan about the PSU now since you asked for a refund also you can use the money for some other upgrade.

They are giving a refund that's a big win , they hardly ever refund money , atleast not without a serious threat.

I think you should take the money and avoid hassle of getting the PSU since you have already bought a replacement.
I have informed them that I am accepting their refund.
Also pretty sure they will b**ch and moan about the PSU now since you asked for a refund
What do you mean? They are ok with refund so what's there to moan about.

Skynet

Disciple

I meant they were giving you a PSU then you pressurized them into giving a refund so now if you ask for a PSU instead they might b**ch about it.

My friend went through something similar with Rashi peripherals

I meant they were giving you a PSU then your pressurized them into giving a refund so now if you ask for a PSU instead they might b**ch about it.

My friend went through something similar with Rashi peripherals :)
Yeah that's the most hassle free option , best of luck for your build