CPU/Mobo Corsair RAM failing memtest after 45 minutes, warranty?

8 GB DDR 3 Corsair laptop RAM, I get a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bluescreen every 10-15 days

memtest failed after running for about 40 minutes then gave a ton of errors

But since the machine boots and normally works fine, will Corsair consider it for warranty?

Also, how do I register for the UPCountryDirect service on their site? http://www.kaizeninfoserve.com/

Corsair provides 10 years warranty on memory modules so you can submit the ram for RMA. Another thing is failing memtest test does not necessarily indicate the ram module is faulty. If everything is working ok like games, system startup, no bsod then there's no need for RMA.

Another thing is failing memtest test does not necessarily indicate the ram module is faulty.
It does indicate a problem with the memory subsystem. Chances of CPU mem controller issues are rare, and on a laptop the BIOS usually doesn't have mem timings accessible for users to set incorrectly, so there's a very high chance it's his RAM module.

8 GB DDR 3 Corsair laptop RAM, I get a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bluescreen every 10-15 days

memtest failed after running for about 40 minutes then gave a ton of errors

But since the machine boots and normally works fine, will Corsair consider it for warranty?

Also, how do I register for the UPCountryDirect service on their site? http://www.kaizeninfoserve.com/
They replace it no questions asked , You can submit a brand new prefect condition ram for replacement & they will still replace it .

It does indicate a problem with the memory subsystem. Chances of CPU mem controller issues are rare, and on a laptop the BIOS usually doesn't have mem timings accessible for users to set incorrectly, so there's a very high chance it's his RAM module.

Yes, there's high chance but memtest is a software and it can have bugs. The thing is sometime one may just try out running a memtest on memory modules just out of curiosity without any exact reason [ though most people will only run the test only when their system is malfunctioning ].

I've ran memtest on a faulty piece of DDR memory several times but memtest never did find anything and found errors with good modules which I've used perfectly for several years :D Just sharing my experience.

Back