Corsair RM1000x is tripping my breaker

cyborg007

Disciple
i bought a corsair RM1000x recently
when i connected to the socket and turn on the switch the breaker trips
it happens on every first time
when i turn on the trip and tried again the bulb in my room dims and become normal without tripping the breaker and the psu is on

i went to a shop and tried again
the lights dim and become normal(every time i switch on the psu the light dimms ) and didnt trip the breaker

i didn't plug any cables to the pc from the psu

- could it be the breaker or the psu ?
- does the psu intake that much power on every first start ?
- is their any requirement put forward by corsair in Amp?

pls share your knowledge

I have a EVGA 1200P2 and the lights do get dim when I turn PSU on. In my case, even when running on inverter, I can turn on the PC and keep it running.

You probably have some problems with your house wiring. Get your house electrician to check, also if possible tell him to add a 15A socket for the PC.

What is tripping .. MCB or ELCB ?

If MCB , then probably psu is pulling high current on initial load. Try a 15A socket or send PSU for inspection.

If ELCB, get the grounding of power socket checked. If earthing of the socket is fine, then PSU needs inspection.

guys he told that he went to the shop proabably an electricins shop to test and similar thing happened so .. good chances something bad with PSU...

Last edited:
What is tripping .. MCB or ELCB ?

If MCB , then probably psu is pulling high current on initial load. Try a 15A socket or send PSU for inspection.

If ELCB, get the grounding of power socket checked. If earthing of the socket is fine, then PSU needs inspection.
MCB is tripping
do i need to change socket to 15A or the MCB
I have a EVGA 1200P2 and the lights do get dim when I turn PSU on. In my case, even when running on inverter, I can turn on the PC and keep it running.

You probably have some problems with your house wiring. Get your house electrician to check, also if possible tell him to add a 15A socket for the PC.
are u having 15A socket and 16 amp MCB
is the light dimming after having a 15A socket and BREAKER
Whats the Amp rating of the circuit breaker.
wher do i check on the breaker

Last edited:
You can try moving your desktop to a room/place which has 15A (aka power ) socket. See how it behaves.

Additionally check the amperage of the MCB. Is it too low with respect to total current being drawn? You can try replacing MCB to one with higher current threshold (6A, 10A, 16A ...) or change types (a,b,c,d ) to decrease sensitivity.

But ... I did not read earlier that you took it to electrician shop where psu showed similar symptoms. Most likely , the psu may need replacement.

Have a HX1000i ( similar in terms of wattage ). But never experienced dimming issue.

Nope, I am using it on the regular 5A socket. Im facing dimming but its not a problem for me as nothing trips. I suggested you move to 15A so that the regular lighting circuit does not get overloaded.

This should have been addressed by your electrician. Maybe consult another one if he keeps repeating the same thing over and over again.

MCB is tripping
do i need to change socket to 15A or the MCB

is the light dimming after having a 15A socket and BREAKER

wher do i check on the breaker
It will be written on the mcb typically the biggest size font in numerical like B5 or C5 or C10 etc also check the brand name of the mcb

Back