Audio Corsair SP2500 2.1 system

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Found no dedicated thread for this system but it appears that the Corsair SP2500 is a decent all-round winner in the 2.1 category.

Manufacturer's link - Gaming Audio Series

Almost all the reviews seem to praise the unit. Compilation of reviews:

Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speaker System Review - Introduction

Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 2.1 Speaker System Review :: TweakTown USA Edition

HEXUS.net - Review :: Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers review : Page - 1/3

Corsair SP2500 review -- Engadget

HARDOCP - Introduction - Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speaker System Review

MaximumTech | Corsair SP2500 Gaming Audio Speakers Review

Corsair SP2500 speaker review

Overclock3D :: Review :: Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speaker System Video Review :: Corsair SP2500 Speaker System Review

Corsair SP2500 Review | bit-tech.net

[Review] Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speaker System | TechREACTION

Corsair SP2500 : Bringing Home The Bass: 2.1-Channel Speaker Roundup

Corsair Memory SP2500 review | from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Speakers

Corsair SP2500

Corsair's Gaming Audio Series SP2500 2.1 speakers - The Tech Report - Page 1

The absence of a digital port in the unit is not a bummer either since this is a stereo system. There are 2 aux. ports as well and the small pod with the display looks killer. :p

More like the perfect MX5021 replacement. No clue about the availability in Indian retail chains yet. The SP2200 is retailing around the 5~6k mark IINM. If this unit is priced under 10k, this will be pure win.

Dang! From a DRAM module manufacturer to flash drives, high-end power supplies, water cooling units, computer chassis, SSDs, speakers, headphones, Corsair seems to get everything right in the first shot.

Gannu said:
.............More like the perfect MX5021 replacement. No clue about the availability in Indian retail chains yet. The SP2200 is retailing around the 5~6k mark IINM. If this unit is priced under 10k, this will be pure win......

SP-2500 is available in Kolkata at INR 12.5K.

It is perhaps the best 2.1 multemedia speaker system under INR 15K.

I have heard it. Very powerfull system with gobs of bass. Highs are excellent too.

^^ how is the mid range I hope the high's and Low's dont over power it.

I am also looking into them to replace my old system,

but I have not been able to demo them anywhere. Any idea how they compare to the AE A5's?

Thanks for posting Gannu.

Altec Lansing MX5021 was in another league, after it no 2.1 were gud, couldn't even came close to MX5021. But I would say almost all multimedia speakers after MX5021 were/are not gud in music reproduction. I can also say that multimedia speakers are not for music lovers/enthusiast. Go for the powered bookshelves like AE5 or above. If u want better yet low powered bookshelf than AE5 then get the Aktimate mini as it is much better than the AE5. Music lovers should choose Bookshelves/stand-mounts Active or Passive as per their convenience and budget. :)

The other option for a sub 15k budget speakers system is the T3 Gigaworks from Creative and i am not too happy with em. Steel drivers are good for metallic instrument sound only it seems. And def not beyond 60-70% volume level.

This is stricktly my opinion.

If i had the option of the Corsair SP2500, i would have taken them def. Only grudges seem to be the enormous woofer footprint, and the tack-ish looking control pod.

Metalspree said:
Can it replace the MX5021 modded ??

Take a leap of faith. I mean for how long u gonna hold urself back..?

Gotta be THE man here dood. I ll do my bit to help u out.. i m there for ya :)

Let me reach India first and then lets see what can be done .I have many plans on paper for a audio system but did not get green signal from finance minister :(.

Infected said:
^^ how is the mid range I hope the high's and Low's dont over power it.

I am also looking into them to replace my old system,

but I have not been able to demo them anywhere. Any idea how they compare to the AE A5's?

Thanks for posting Gannu.

The bass is on the heavier side, mids are ok. Brilliant highs though.

The best 2.1 PC speaker I have ever auditioned. Including MX5021. But this is my opinion.

Never expect multimedia PC speaker systems to be in the same league of a separate amp + speaker combo.

My humble Norge 1000 + Sony GN88D speakers can put the SP2500, MX5021,Z2300,MX6021 upside down any day in terms of performance & SQ. But this is for music only.

For movies, my Z2300 still has the upper hand.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

abhi_jollyguy said:
Altec Lansing MX5021 was in another league, after it no 2.1 were gud, couldn't even came close to MX5021. ........

Have you auditioned the SP2500?

^.. They will never be available locally unless ordered specifically... :p

Availability is a concern & I am also thinking about getting them in the near future...:ashamed:

RishiGuru said:
Have you auditioned the SP2500?

No, I have not auditioned the SP2500 but I think that this speakers are focussed towards Gaming more.

How is the sound quality of this speaker? Is it really better than the Old Altec Lansing MX5021, not the new one though I have not heard the new one.

HailStonE said:
^.. They will never be available locally unless ordered specifically... :p

Yeah i know :p
Thats why i didn't even bothered checking the local stores as i know all they will say is "bhaiya intex le lo dekho kitna accha bajta he corsair me kya rakha he"

The reviews for these are really good. Good sound quality with ground shaking bass. The sort of combination i really like :D

abhi_jollyguy said:
.....How is the sound quality of this speaker? Is it really better than the Old Altec Lansing MX5021, not the new one though I have not heard the new one.

For me at-least, SP2500 is much better than MX5021. Not by leaps and bounds, but a good shift in the positive direction. And more power. SP2500 is the most powerful 2.1 PC speakers.

My MX5021 was one of the crappiest speakers I ever bought. First the buzzing sound in idle, man it made me climb onto the ceiling, then it got bust in 3 months time with no warning.

Went to the service center, only to find out this model is no more available and they have no spare parts. So, i opened the subwoofer myself, and found the ripple filter capacitors were blown. So much for the quality.

I have also seen the amp of my Logitech Z2300, and it uses much better quality components than MX5021. But sound quality is a completely different issue though.

RishiGuru said:
For me at-least, SP2500 is much better than MX5021. Not by leaps and bounds, but a good shift in the positive direction. And more power. SP2500 is the most powerful 2.1 PC speakers.

My MX5021 was one of the crappiest speakers I ever bought. First the buzzing sound in idle, man it made me climb onto the ceiling, then it got bust in 3 months time with no warning.

Went to the service center, only to find out this model is no more available and they have no spare parts. So, i opened the subwoofer myself, and found the ripple filter capacitors were blown. So much for the quality.

I have also seen the amp of my Logitech Z2300, and it uses much better quality components than MX5021. But sound quality is a completely different issue though.

May be ur MX5021 was faulty, My MX5021 don't buzz at all even when it is silent/idle.

Back