Audio Corsair Sp2500 stopped working

cybermantas

Disciple
I had a working Sp2500 Corsair speaker set. Hadnt used it for 2 months. Then after 2 months I connected it, there was a loud noise (like when a fuse is blown), possibly a spark ... cant tell you where exactly it came from since I was too shocked to notice, but in all probablity from the speakers... now the LCD display of the speakers still works and the controls on it work too... but the speakers dont produce any audio...

What could be the possible solution? And if the fuse is blown within the speaker (or some other power supply issue), how can it be repaired and is it part of warranty ? I purchased the system in June 2011 from Prime Abgb.

As an aside, I should also mention that at the same time, my on-board sound card has also stopped working. However, I did check the speakers with my mobile phone and they were not working. I also checked the mobile phone with different speakers and they worked fine. And then also tried the second set of speakers with the on-board sound which didnt work. Bottomline - SP 2500 is definitely not working possibly due to a blown fuse, despite the LCD still working on the SP2500

Suggest you isolate the problem first, check the audio settings and so forth in the audio control panel. Check the device manager and see if the audio hardware is being detected. If not, check the BIOS and confirm that the audio is enabled in the settings.
With the speakers, you might need to have the motherboard replaced under warranty (if the audio has stopped working totally)
Either take the speakers to PrimeABGB or contact indiaservice@corsair.com - they'll respond with a solution.

Apologies if the original post wasnt clear, I only want to know what to do about the speakers. For testing, I can always test them with my mobile or other computers that I have at home, so thats not a problem.

Your suggestion implies a motherboard replace ? I am guessing this is to do with solving the onboard audio ... leaving that aside for the moment (I only quoted it to clarify the events as they happened), about the speakers themselves, your suggestion is to contact Prime or Indiaservice, is that about it ?

Before I do, I just wanted to know if some1 can clarify the warranty policy on such things...

1) Corsair has 2 yrs warranty coverage for this set.
2) And i am pretty sure you ll have to submit the entire set for the repair under warranty.

I dont work for corsair, nor can i assert what sort of damage has occurred.
So take it to the RMA people, and get it done asap. As far as i can make out, its just a blown fuse or a transformer gone kaput.

Back