Counter Strike Airtel Bangalore Weird Problem

Hi all,

I am a "broadband" customer of Airtel in Bangalore for the last 1.5 years. Having had previous dealings with a couple of other ISP-s including BSNL, I would say this 1.5 years have been more or less trouble free. Of course, lately I am pained to see the actions taken by Airtel by capping the UL plans, but still when it comes to service I think Airtel still remains unchallenged (maybe that is the reason of their current actions). Anyways, back to the main point, after having the new caps on my 384KBPS UL plan, still I did not bother much till from last saturday, I am having this weird problem with online games. I mainly play CS 1.6 and TF2 (nick Gr8Nub), in CS, while playing, suddenly I have this message pop up "Connection to server lost" and I am thrown out of the server. It happens on both V street and IGL servers, and it may happen at random times, i.e. within seconds of entering the server or a couple of minutes. The lights on the modem do not go off.

I wanted to know if anybody else had similar issues lately or I have some problem with my hardware/software etc.

I did call the Airtel guys, but they say since I am able to browse net properly (that is correct) , it is not their problem.

I will keep you posted on what happens next. Hope I do not have to give up on CS after all these years just because of some stupid ISP.

What is the latency you are getting ? Some of the servers automatically kick you out if your latency very high iirc (Usually airtel has a very good latency).

On TE forum main page i just saw "Counter Strike Airtel..." and i thought it was some sort of collective revolt of counter striking against the Airtel (Un)Fair Usage Policy... :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Back