Courier Advice

BurnBoy147

Disciple
So, not really sure where to post this but can someone (with experience) suggest any tips on shipping a 24" monitor? The thermocol that came with the monitor is not available. Shipping from Hyderabad to Manipur.

Tips on which courier would work best, how to pack it, etc.

Materials I have for packing are the monitor Box, a 10 meter bubble wrap and some thermocol sheets ordered via Amazon. And of course Packing tape.

Not going to blame anyone if it gets damaged in-transit so feel free.

Try Safe Express, they have this Campus 2 Home program that gives affordable transportation for such stuff. Also no matter how safely you pack it, remember to buy insurance, a little extra amount never hurts but a broken monitor surely would.

A new monitor packaging comes in a way that monitor is tightly held in its place with thermocol sheets inside the box.

What you can do -
1. put couple of layers of bubble sheet around the monitor
2. inside the packaging box, place the thermocol sheets on three sides (bottom, front and back) and slide the monitor into the box.
3. stuff news paper so that monitor does not move
4. place some more bubble sheet and news paper and close the top side and tape it

most imp thing is monitor should not move inside the box
purchase insurance for the courier. it costs very less for the peace of mind you get :)

Well apart from the above-mentioned good suggestions one small suggestion from my side. Even with above precautions don't forget to paste "FRAGILE - HANDLE WITH CARE" on all faces of the box. Also try to use the express mode for shipping. DO NOT USE THE SURFACE MODE. surface cargo is quite manhandled by courier guys. But for express Cargo it is mostly by airplanes and people are a bit more careful with such packages.

Wrap the entire monitor (minus stand) in bubble wrap. Then brace the front bezels against the box innards so as not to put any undue pressure on the screen itself. You could use 4 balls of rolled up newspapers to do this. Fill the empty area between the screen and the box with packing peanuts. Now fill up the box so that the monitor cannot move. Stand, if going inside the same box, needs to be packed well enough that none of the sharp/metal bits can make contact with the monitor itself.

Finally, use air cargo if you can. The people moving your equipment do not care about it; so the fragile stickers will not help (except perhaps 1-2 companies like Blue Dart, etc)

Sometimes, you can use road transport cargo (buses plying on specific routes), not sure if that is applicable for your requirements. Those people are generally careful since there's effectively no middle man and the driver/cleaner will be held responsible if anything is damaged.

If that isn't applicable for you, I'd recommend to use Blue Dart; they're expensive but they're very very good.

Just check Bluedart rates, they are charging 3000+ rs for air shipping with a minimum weight of 10kg. My package is around 5.5kg. Is there any other alternatives to bluedart?

Back