Courier on the way & nobody at home for long time

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys my parcel from Paytm is on the way via Gojavas but due to some unavoidable circumstances we have to leave for my native place hence nobody home for next 4 days. :(
I conveyed the same to paytm but no response from them since 24hrs now.

And just received sms that my order is on the way out for delivery.
Its not cod but already paid stuff.

If the delivery boy calls me can I ask him to hold the item with him for next 4 days?? If not then what happens to my parcel?? :confused:

For first you can call the courier company and see what they say about holding your parcel for 4 days (whether they accept or not, some courier companies do accept the request) else request them to deliver to the neighbour (if you have any), else it will go back.
It all depends upon the city, the courier service and familiarity with your city or branch courier company staff (if someone is familiar to you)
I was also once in the same kind of situation and the courier was Bluedart, they deliver regularly to our place and many of the bluedart office people are familiar so I requested them to hold for me 3 days and they accepted it.

Ok.
I got call from the delivery boy and he agreed to hold it and reschedule the delivery after 4 days. He said that I'll get an sms but still havent got it.

Back