Courier selection for PC Tower & Monitor - Help needed

hadyp

Disciple
(Mods, I wasn't sure where to put this thread, please move in case this is the wrong forum)

I need to ship my monitor and PC Tower from Hyderabad to Bangalore. (need to send it to my sister)
I have the original packing for the monitor, and also for the PC Tower.

Can folks here kindly advise what courier companies would be trustworthy for sending these items?
Any advice on additional packing material that I should use to ensure the safety of the items would also be helpful.

DTDC has a luggage service that's flat rate. It's slow, a week to ten days, but very affordable. It has been a few years since I last used it, but I paid less than 3k for 150kg which had a couple of monitors along with some textbooks.

These days, buses appear to be more preferred provided someone is able to go to the drop off area and pick it up it at your destination city. They're quick (overnight) and very cheap. Some people I know use it to send exotic animals/pets that they sell on facebook groups. There's no size or weight limitations.

Thanks @rsaeon, I will enquire for both.
Any suggestions on which bus travels offer this service? I've traveled on Orange travels, will check with them, but any others would also be helpful.

Thanks @rsaeon, I will enquire for both.
Any suggestions on which bus travels offer this service? I've traveled on Orange travels, will check with them, but any others would also be helpful.
idk about other cities but if you are in mumbai go to borivali,daishar(especially for gujrat,rajashtan and north india side) or thane check naka(the wagle estate one) for dadar go to dadar tt circle there are lot of tourist offices there since multiple buses for various destinations from mumbai start at these points. just ask them atleast in maharashtra most bus services accept cargo. I remember sending a gpu to a certain member(now banned) based in the state above maharashtra using one of this service.

That's an important point, there's no insurance for most of these bus services.

Any suggestions on which bus travels offer this service?

We would just show up at the usual places where these buses leave from and make a parcel booking at the many travel agencies there.

In Hyderabad, one is at Lakdikapul/Saifabad area on Telephone Bhavan Road: https://goo.gl/maps/B9Wejf3ZZ3GZiYtD9 You may find a similar spot closer to your location.

You'd always want to make sure you do some kind outer packing so as not to reveal what's inside the boxes. Either using cheap suitcases or wrapping in plastic sheets or even bedsheets.

Hyderabad to Bangalore is a well traveled route so it's relatively safe and quick, both for overnight buses and for regular couriers.

Thanks for all the information! Very helpful indeed.
I called one of the bus companies, and the clear message was that any damage would be at sender's risk - I think I'll stay away from that option for now given the lack of insurance.
Let me see what bluedart comes up with in terms of cost and I'll take it from there...

Thanks for all the information! Very helpful indeed.
I called one of the bus companies, and the clear message was that any damage would be at sender's risk - I think I'll stay away from that option for now given the lack of insurance.
Let me see what bluedart comes up with in terms of cost and I'll take it from there...
That's the case with most couriers too, no one provides insurance. It's on you to insure it before sending. The most shipping companies offer as refund in case the package is lost/damaged is 3-5% or 500-1000rs whichever is lower. I have shipped 3 PC with bluedart and they all were fine.

Tips : Hope you've got the cabinet box and styrofoam intact, use only that to pack. Check everything is screwed tight inside the cabinet and make sure to remove the GPU and send it separately on it's box. After packing there shouldn't be any movement on the inside, on the outside cover everything with lots of bubble wraps and brown tape and use air mode to ship.

Personally I would also suggest DTDC having used them multiple times in the past (and recently, including my purchases made in this forum) for shipment of fragile items. Make sure to mention while booking and labelling the box with fragile sticks on all sides (which is what I did to courier my pc cabinet side glass) and it should be golden. DTDC also lets you choose and add risk surcharge as you wish.

Definitely stay away from bus companies, i've seen the way they *YEET* shipments with fragile stickers

Back