Cowon D2 the PMP

Aladdin

Adept
For specs, read this lovely review by another member of TE.

Basically I wanted a music player after buying an ipod nano for my friend... I just loved the music so i started my hunt and zeroed in on creative Zen and Cowon D2. There is not much difference apart from TV out, radio recording, touch screen, scientific calci and some more small things.

I ruled out Creative zen because its available everywhere and i wanted something different + it doesnt have TV out + no radio recording...

Bought from Alfa, Irla road, Vile Parle, Mumbai for 8100 INR (US $190 approx). I opened the box in front of the seller to test everything and it worked as it should. Loved the looks, formal yet stylish.

I was thinking of writing a review but didnt have the patience, so i am putting all the pics here as show off

Now let the pics talk...

Cool Box

Writing Pad

Quite Big compared to MP3 players but small as a PMP

On the Back

SD Memory Card Supported

Various Ports

On the Side

In the Dark

In Broad Daylight

The Mp3 Player

Jet Effect

Various Recoding modes

FM

In the end i would say, go for the creative zen only if u r tight on budget, dont want fm recording and dont want luxury. Cowon D2 is worth the money. Its battery is awesome and touch screen is super cool.

@ pappu Thanks man. Iam so very sorry for posting high resolution pics. Mods please delete this thread as i dont have patience to do all that again. & yes i will buy an SD card but sometime in future.

@ sTalker Thanks & B&W? what what?

Aladdin said:
@ pappu Thanks man. Iam so very sorry for posting high resolution pics. Mods please delete this thread as i dont have patience to do all that again. & yes i will buy an SD card but sometime in future.

@ sTalker Thanks & B&W? what what?

B&W = bill and warranty

WoW this looks like a fantastic gadget.

Feature list is amazing.

+ Touch screen is a definite plus.

+ TV Out

+ External Mem Card Support

+ 8100 INR

Congrats on a gr8 buy. :)

Qtns

1.> Is the TV Cable provided.

2.> How is the screen visibility in day light.

Yea that's really sad :(.

Quad Master said:
WoW this looks like a fantastic gadget.

Feature list is amazing.
+ Touch screen is a definite plus.
+ TV Out
+ External Mem Card Support
+ 8100 INR
Congrats on a gr8 buy. :)
Qtns
1.> Is the TV Cable provided.
2.> How is the screen visibility in day light.

Do also add 54hrs Batt life and FM receiver.

nice skin.... but wasn't the whole point to not get an ipod :bleh: Just kidding I have tried that skin too. I think skinning and themes are a really cool feature for the D2, am using Oleo 3 theme atm and I like it a lot. Congrats on the purchase and I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have. BTW the Cowon Software called JetAudio does a really good job of compressing movies for the D2

Back