CPU/Mobo Cpu building advice ryzen 8500g

seriosia

Recruit
So I was thinking of building a cpu for my son,
(I was a member of techenclave ,erodov forum then left all in 2014 year to pursue career and stuff. After all these years I'm back again this time for my son anyways)

So I bought ryzen 8500g few days ago as it was going cheap in Flipkart ( 12300rs) ,

For motherboard I'm going for Msi pro A620m

For ram , 4800mhz crucial ram 16gb
Is it gonna be compatible with the cpu and motherboard? I read 5200 mhz ram is officially compatible ram.
So is there gonna be a problem?

IMO you should get 5200 or 5600 MHz RAM.

Also see if you can spend 1k more on the motherboard to get this https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-a620m-hdv-m-2-plus.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC
It has 2 display outs, USB-C port, and a slot for M.2 wifi card.
Thanks for ur reply.
Here are the few things I should have mentioned.
My budget is very low. My son is gonna do only school works and occasional gaming a little bit that's why the 8500g I bought.
Second, the motherboard has to have a vga port bcoz the monitor has vga and HDMI port and imma hook up my ps5 there in HDMI so vga is for pc.
5200+ ram really dont need.
I need the build as cheap as possible.
So crucial 4800 gonna be compatible?

IMO you should get 5200 or 5600 MHz RAM.

Also see if you can spend 1k more on the motherboard to get this https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-a620m-hdv-m-2-plus.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC
It has 2 display outs, USB-C port, and a slot for M.2 wifi card.
Oh and for wifi I have a wifi dongle named wayona 200 rs wala which works just enough. No need wifi m.2 and any fancy stuffs
Also I have sata samsung SSD 6-7 years old from old build which I hope still works, and cooler master gx 550w psu hoping to work after all these years.
Also I'm surprised to see those old psu market is gone where we could find 80+ platinum psus. Why don't companies sell those high spec PSUs anymore?

Hi. Does crucial 4800 16gb ram be compatible with ryzen 8500g+msi pro A620m combo?
Because spec says of cpu 5200mhz ddr5 ram needed.
I need confirmation before buying the ram then lying unused due to compatibility

Thanks for ur reply.
Here are the few things I should have mentioned.
My budget is very low. My son is gonna do only school works and occasional gaming a little bit that's why the 8500g I bought.
Second, the motherboard has to have a vga port bcoz the monitor has vga and HDMI port and imma hook up my ps5 there in HDMI so vga is for pc.
5200+ ram really dont need.
I need the build as cheap as possible.
So crucial 4800 gonna be compatible?
In this case, you should have asked for the build beforehand. The problem with 8500G is that it's AM5, Which is newer. So it's not very budget friendly. With a 5500GT, you could have gotten motherboard + RAM for 7.5k. DDR5 and AM5 boards are still going for a premium over their "4" counterparts.

Unfortunately you need good RAM for iGPU, if you don't care about the gaming at all then you can take the cheapest RAM, but otherwise you should be aware that iGPU performance is very dependent on RAM speed, also it really like dual channel over single channel (15-20% difference).

It should work but imo you should go for atleast 5600mhz ram with ryzen it easily makes a difference of about 10% in almost all the tasks. Also consider going for a B series motherboard instead it would cost around 2-3k extra but is much nicer to live with and will probably last longer.

Unfortunately you need good RAM for iGPU, if you don't care about the gaming at all then you can take the cheapest RAM, but otherwise you should be aware that iGPU performance is very dependent on RAM speed, also it really like dual channel over single channel (15-20% difference).
Im trying to buy 2nd hand 5200mhz, and I'll buy a second stick later in about 2-3 months so total 32gb.

It should work but imo you should go for atleast 5600mhz ram with ryzen it easily makes a difference of about 10% in almost all the tasks. Also consider going for a B series motherboard instead it would cost around 2-3k extra but is much nicer to live with and will probably last longer.
B series more reliable? Why? Btw already bought msi A620m

B series more reliable? Why? Btw already bought msi A620m
Better VRMs, better thermal performance and better power delivery. I don't mean reliable as in it will last way longer or anything, if you take care of things pretty much anything can last as long as you want it to, I actually meant more reliable performance.

Back