CPU/Mobo CPU Cooler and Thermal Paste in India.

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
I am looking for a decent CPU Cooler and Thermal Paste in India (or that can be shipped to India). Where can I get some AS5 or something close. Processor is going to be E6600. Cooler should be able to handle an overclock or 3~3.2GHz fairly decently for 24/7 operation. No extreme overclocking. Max budget for cooler is 3~3.5k.

Also my dealer was unable to locate an E6600 in Chandigarh or Delhi, can any one give me a shop where its available in stock in Delhi or Mumbai.

Do sidewinders accept mastercard/visa type payment?

I think,they dont for international orders.I wanted to buy one cooler,but dont know how to pay them.

Easiest way to pay sidelamers(sidewinders) :p is via paypal.And yeah they do ship internationally.Many of us including me have ordered frm there

blueyesdude said:
Do sidewinders accept mastercard/visa type payment?
I think,they dont for international orders.I wanted to buy one cooler,but dont know how to pay them.
I do believe they accept VISA/Master as mode of payment - email them and find out.

lord_nemesis said:
What about Customs duty. What percentage is changed. Can we get the stuff undervalued like with Memory-Configurator

Yes, ask them to value the goods at 50 EUR - I heard Sandy did that and paid no customs. Even if there is duty, it will be roughly 20% + surcharges.

@blueyes, email them anyway and ask for an alternate payment method...

RiO said:
Yes, ask them to value the goods at 50 EUR - I heard Sandy did that and paid no customs. Even if there is duty, it will be roughly 20% + surcharges.

@blueyes, email them anyway and ask for an alternate payment method...

Thats not a problem at all with Memory-Configurator. In fact I asked them to mark my RAM as 75 Euro and they marked it 30 Euro and sent it :rofl: . I wanted to know whether Sidewinder does the same. They do not accept Credit Cards, so it means we have to create a paypal account.

Anyway it seems waiting for a while to get the cooler is better. Its dead cold out here (1~3 deg) and the processor wont get past 20 deg whatever I do. :bleh:

salluks said:
i've ordered for it..my friend will be getting it by jan 25th,
we can share it if u want

I actually I wanted the paste to use on my E6600 thats going to arrive on saturday. Thanks anyway...:D. I will get some special thermal paste from my dealer Amarbir.

The CM white paste is no good...its arnd 250 bucks and is a complete waste compared to AS5.I had this and its nothing useful.

Get AS5 frm Prime ABGB, they will courier to ur place within 400 bucks

I had a great experience dealing with Sidewinder Computers.

Ordered Arctic Freezer Pro for my X2 & a 12 gm tube of AS5 few months ago.
Support is good. They shipped the next day & I got the package within a week. Good packing. And yea.. they can reasonably undervalue the product so that we don't have to go through the custom hassles.

Overall a good online store to buy cooling products. :)

thelord said:
I had a great experience dealing with Sidewinder Computers.

Ordered Arctic Freezer Pro for my X2 & a 12 gm tube of AS5 few months ago.
Support is good. They shipped the next day & I got the package within a week. Good packing. And yea.. they can reasonably undervalue the product so that we don't have to go through the custom hassles.

Overall a good online store to buy cooling products. :)

How did you pay and what was the shipping costs like?

Back