PC Peripherals CPU Cooler Help

asvinder

Disciple
Hi ,
i m in need of CPU cooler and thermal paste for my rig.My budget is 4k for cooler and 1k for paste.

My rig :
Intel I7 950
gigabyte x58 UD3R
COOLERMASTER HAF 932
MUSHKIN TRIPLE CHANNEL RAM
NVIDIA GX580

thnks

Are you going to over-clock if answer is yes then go for the --

Noctua NH-U12 SE2 ~ 3800 TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - TheITWares, its one of the best 120mm coolers.
if your answer to over-clock is no, then get this

Cooler Master Hyper 212+ ~ 1900, put it in a push-pull configuration and you've the best value for money third-party HSF solution which works like zip TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooler - TheITWares.

For thermal paste I've experience with only the stock Cooler Master paste with Hyper 212+ and it worked okay for me, but wait for others to pitch in.

i suggest you either pick up a NH-D14 or a Venomous-X for about 4k. The TIM that comes with these two HSF are good and you shouldnt require any other.
But you can save some cash and also get very good cooling performance by going with the cogage True Spirit at around 2k only. Its only for LGA1366 so you will have no problems installing ie you wouldnt need any additional mounting brackets. I would suggest you to get a couple of good scythe flex 12cm fans in push/pull config to go with the true. By default thermalright bundles the TG-2 TIM with the True and it is completely crap. I suggest you look into either of these:- Noctua HT-1, Tuniq TX-3, Arctic MX-2 & OCZ freeze. All of these TIMs will set you back by roughly 500-600 bucks.

Happy OCing.

thnk u guys for ur response.I have some more questions will NH D14 fit in the cabby and if i purchase it wud i need to go for TM ?

thnks

^

You will need TM whatever cooler you use. As air is bad conductor of heat, when you mount your cooler on processor, TM is used to fill up the thin layer of ai between the two surfaces so that heat can circulate properly and more efficiently from processor to cooler.

asvinder said:
thnk u guys for ur response.I have some more questions will NH D14 fit in the cabby and if i purchase it wud i need to go for TM ?
thnks
Okay you're over-clocking then, go for the Noctua NH 12-U12P SE2 as the NH D14 is out of your budget @4700/- (but performance is top-notch in air cooling). So if you are ready to extend the budget, go ahead with the NH D14, the Cooler Master HAF 932 will be able to accommodate the NH D14 comfortably.
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler - TheITWares
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - TheITWares

I think IT Wares is the official distributor for Noctua products here in India, so their pricing is the base and then other ciy based retailers will add their own pricing slants.
For answers on TIM (not TM) and how to apply it this is the link -- Guide - How TIM Works & How To Apply It Correctly | bit-tech.net

Back