CPU/Mobo CPU cooler Suggestion !

All -

I have a i7 - 950 running at stock speed now. I am planning to get a new cooler . I have 2 options in mind.

1. Thermalright Venomous X
2. Thermalright TRUE Black 120 Rev C

Which one should I go. Not planning to go for Noctua D14 Since it looks very huge.

Please throw in your suggestions. I am planning to do a bit of overclocking.

^He seems to have a pretty decent budget. I'm sure he wouldn't compromise for an entry level heatsink like the Hyper 212+. :)

@OP: The Noctua D14 may block the adjacent memory slots with RAM sticks having tall heat spreaders. So you may have to make do with the other 3 slots for the tri-channel RAM. Another option which is better and slightly cheaper than the D14 is the Cogage Arrow. Unfortunately none of the dealers I know of in the country stock it. The Noctua U12P-SE2 is another good alternative. Bundles a pair of extra-decent silent fans with it which the others don't.

Gannu said:
^He seems to have a pretty decent budget. I'm sure he wouldn't compromise for an entry level heatsink like the Hyper 212+. :)

@OP: The Noctua D14 may block the adjacent memory slots with RAM sticks having tall heat spreaders. So you may have to make do with the other 3 slots for the tri-channel RAM. Another option which is better and slightly cheaper than the D14 is the Cogage Arrow. Unfortunately none of the dealers I know of in the country stock it. The Noctua U12P-SE2 is another good alternative. Bundles a pair of extra-decent silent fans with it which the others don't.
+1

To what Gannu suggested... Venomous X doesn't come wid Fans... Noctua NH-U12P SE2 comes wid 2xNP-12 Fans so overall Noctua NH-U12P SE2 is better than Venomous X and performs at par wid Venomous-X... And one more thing Noctua provides free mounting kit whernever a new socket launches... :)

Noctua NH-D14, TR Venomous-X, Prolimatech Megahalem Rev.B, Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Any of these is fine as you are not gunning for any records anyways.

And for most of us, overall package/VFMness/build quality/mouting mechanism/etc is usually more important than achieving the lowest temps possible.

U12P SE2 with it's SecuFirm2 mounting system and bundled fans has been reported to be a decent cooler for 24x7 use. :)

ALPHA17 said:
saw it in Golccha @Bangalore. Unaware of pricing :ashamed:>

TheITWares is selling it for Rs.3750... I had bought my Noctua NH-U12P SE2 from TheITWares some 6 to 7 months ago for 3.6k (He gave me flat Rs 150 Discount :D)

Back