Budget 0-20k CPU + MOBO Only

Anil Patel

Recruit
Hi friends my motherboard is Dying it keeps restarting automatically, I think its time to change some old hardware..
Please suggest thanks.

1. What is your budget?
    • 15K (can extend to 20 if required)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD Phenom 840 3.2Ghz
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte 880GM (dying)
    • GPU - Asus 7850 2GB
    • RAM - Transcend 4Gb DDR3 + Kingston 4GB DDR3 both 1333 mhz
    • Monitor - AOC 27 inch full hd
    • PSU - Seasonic S12 520
    • HDD WD blue 320GB + WD green 1TB
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Everything Except Motherboard and CPU
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • confused nothing decided
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This is final for 2-3 years or more ( but open to suggestions)
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi (Nehru Place)
    • Open to online purchase (preffered)
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • NO
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming (6-10 hours during weekends, average 1-2 hour daily)
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • none
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Witcher 3
    • GTA 5
    • Batman AK
    • all upcoming open world games
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 64 bit
    • Windows 10 64 bit

For 5.1 audio, you might need to push budget to approx 10K for Mobo, if sticking to LGA 1150 offerings from Asus. Another option would be to add additional sound card for couple of grands.

I'd suggest a discrete sound card rather than going for an expensive mobo as it will provide better audio quality at a similar or lower price point.

For 5.1 audio, you might need to push budget to approx 10K for Mobo, if sticking to LGA 1150 offerings from Asus. Another option would be to add additional sound card for couple of grands.

I'd suggest a discrete sound card rather than going for an expensive mobo as it will provide better audio quality at a similar or lower price point.

Thankyou for your valuable suggestions..

I just find out that one of my RAM stick is not working properly..
and on single 4GB stick system has not restarted since last 1 hour (on local 400watt psu with single hdd & without GPU)...
I will test it for 2-3 days on full load.. then I will decide further..

Back