Budget 90k+ CPU only build; Budget: 1l (flexible)

Blue^_^

Patron
Questions
What is your budget?
INR 1 lakh +- 30 thousand
What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Laptop
Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Nothing
Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
I have come up with this build so far but flexible to changes: https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/5b0f9b2d-5845-41cb-8768-a0c732d88974
Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Might upgrade GPU to the 5000 series in the next 2-3 years
Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Online/Jaipur
What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming, Designing and Frontend/Fullstack development
Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Anything with good aftersales :p
If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
AAA titles from time to time
What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1440p
Are you looking to overclock?
Unsure
Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows and Linux

PS: not a fan of RGB, needed something similar to the aesthetics of Fractal Design's cases

Last edited:
Well, the first question to be asked is whether you can wait a while or not?

Intel's
current products have stability issues, and even if microcode updates supposed to fix that, do not take risks - and the socket 1700 is dead for future upgrades to CPU anyway.
Then, Intel's next generation Arrow Lake tentatively promises to be very good in performance gains. However, only its high end boards and CPUs (read expensive) will launch this year, others in January. Then again, this 1851 socket is also supposed to be only one generation.

On the other hand, AMD's AM5 socket platform is supposed to have a long life with upgradeability. The latest 9000 series AMD processors haven't the best price-performance ratio,but the 7000 series is a decent price performance bet.

So, if you need to build right now, I'd suggest AM5. And when I see your PCPartPicker, that is where you've gone.
The board that you've selected had very decent VRM for even higher end processors, so it should be really stable with the 7600 CPU.

I see that you're getting the 7900GRE GPU, but please note that for its full potential, it needs some tuning - especially the memory speeds at stock are very low and can benefit from overclocking. Otherwise, it is too close to the 7800XT in performance.
Does match the 4070 Super in overall performance for similar price, but the RT might be better on the 4070 Super. And it also seems to have similar pricing right now. The only drawback is less VRAM.

Might once have a re-look at the PSU as well. 750W might not cut it for the long term.
This one from the same series with 850W might be better: https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-...-850w-80-plus-gold-fully-modular-power-supply

Well, the first question to be asked is whether you can wait a while or not?

Intel's
current products have stability issues, and even if microcode updates supposed to fix that, do not take risks - and the socket 1700 is dead for future upgrades to CPU anyway.
Then, Intel's next generation Arrow Lake tentatively promises to be very good in performance gains. However, only its high end boards and CPUs (read expensive) will launch this year, others in January. Then again, this 1851 socket is also supposed to be only one generation.

On the other hand, AMD's AM5 socket platform is supposed to have a long life with upgradeability. The latest 9000 series AMD processors haven't the best price-performance ratio,but the 7000 series is a decent price performance bet.

So, if you need to build right now, I'd suggest AM5. And when I see your PCPartPicker, that is where you've gone.
The board that you've selected had very decent VRM for even higher end processors, so it should be really stable with the 7600 CPU.

I see that you're getting the 7900GRE GPU, but please note that for its full potential, it needs some tuning - especially the memory speeds at stock are very low and can benefit from overclocking. Otherwise, it is too close to the 7800XT in performance.
Does match the 4070 Super in overall performance for similar price, but the RT might be better on the 4070 Super. And it also seems to have similar pricing right now. The only drawback is less VRAM.

Might once have a re-look at the PSU as well. 750W might not cut it for the long term.
This one from the same series with 850W might be better: https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-...-850w-80-plus-gold-fully-modular-power-supply
Thank you for your reply!

I am honestly not upto date with the current GPU market. I won't be using RT in my games though, and I chose 7900GRE on the bet that the extra VRAM will make it more future proof. I also noticed that 7900GRE on average was giving 4-5 fps more than the 4070S because of a driver update last month. Let me know what you think!

The entire build will utilize around 440W of power w/o the monitor and peripherals according to www.pcpartpicker.com Wattage calculator so I think 750W is safe? (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HGkZgB)

I am honestly not upto date with the current GPU market. I won't be using RT in my games though, and I chose 7900GRE on the bet that the extra VRAM will make it more future proof. I also noticed that 7900GRE on average was giving 4-5 fps more than the 4070S because of a driver update last month. Let me know what you think!
I think that the 7900GRE would be a decent buy. Latest benchmarks, especially in games that you specifically play, can be a good guide.
The entire build will utilize around 440W of power w/o the monitor and peripherals according to www.pcpartpicker.com Wattage calculator so I think 750W is safe? (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HGkZgB)
My perspective also includes future upgrades. PSUs are reliable devices that can last through 2-3 build generations. Thus, up-speccing now can help avoid redundant spending later.

Last edited:
Back