Audio Creative GigaWorks S750

neojjjk

Skilled
Hi,
i would like to know the price of ^^^^
i didn't find this in local shops

is there any other brand with same quality?? i have x-fi platinum sound card

Should be around ~27. And Neo this is one monster speakers. The thump and scale is grandeur and gels very nicely with Creative cards(of course):hap2:

The analog outputs are very powerful and unles you miss the digital connection, which Logitech provides but this one is much better to logitecj IMHO.:clap:

You don't find this in the retail shops since the product has been discontinued quite a while back. While it used to retail, it used to cost close to 30k. These were launched during 2003 Q4 IINM.

:S oh ..what to say..hmm...i did nt like the price..too heavy for me:(

my sound card is x fi platinum...can u suggest any other 7.1 speakers ???

i found t series Creative Inspire T7900 (7.1)..is that a good one???

its strictly entry level, the T7900.

Giga S750 was one hell of a speaker. Lot better than Z5500 and almost 2x powerful too.

Why do you want to go for a 7.1? A good 5.1 should do just fine na?

Where're you located? I saw a couple of deals for the Logitech Z5300 system. It's a 5.1 system. They do not have a DAC built in but with a decent sound card, it could turn out to be a good deal for 6k and thereabouts. titana was selling a set. IINM he's from Delhi.

dOm1naTOr said:
its strictly entry level, the T7900.

Giga S750 was one hell of a speaker. Lot better than Z5500 and almost 2x powerful too.
Why do you want to go for a 7.1? A good 5.1 should do just fine na?

is it a a bad model???(T7900).

I can sell my gigaworks s750 (in pristine condition). If interested pm me your offers. Shipping charges would be high as the entire package weighs around 35kgs. Im based in Delhi NCR.

Yes Neo, gigaworks would be awesome ans 7.1 a overkill. Not if its Ok with you.

But as Gannu put, getting this will bw special order(if new), dealers can get you or contact rockstar and get it. will pair well with ur Card but no digital signals, if that is OK.

Z5300 though a good one, lacks the punch. Its 280w rms one, whereas S750 is 750w rms one. Both are THX certified speakers.

But if you are considering megaworks S550 [550 rms], then Z5500 is slightly better with its ample features. Raw power and performance still goes to S550, but is pure analog set.

Why not Z5500 ? i think both S550 and S750 has been discontinued, and G500 comes nowhere near the ones mentioned above.

dOm1naTOr said:
Z5300 though a good one, lacks the punch. .

Did you refer to the thump or the boom? AFAIK the Z5300 was the best thing to happen since the Z680. I've heard a set and was quite surprised at the results. Despite the lack of digital inputs, the set performs quite well for games and movies. You do need a decent sound card to get the kind of output from them though.

The Z5500 maybe the cheapest option considering it gives the digital inputs but comes with a pretty bad inbuilt DAC. JM2C!

i want to play music in these speakers...i watch movies and play games rarely ..
i am looking for a creative ,,or jbL,
i believe creative is not selling s750 now...i don't know why? i really love to buy s750
i don't know the price of jbL speaker system...
please advice...

^Errr you said you did not quite like the pricing of the S750? :S

Post your requirements and the budget and that may help yourselves!

Gannu said:
^Errr you said you did not quite like the pricing of the S750? :S

Post your requirements and the budget and that may help yourselves!

i am buying new speakers for my small room..not for a hall...and i play music so much...I don't like to have distortion ,,like to get good pure sound...pure treble..like to have speakers which can handle all frequencies--->bass,treble,mid ..all types @ very high volume.
And it should have a sub woofer which can produce the real depth of bass ....not a boom boom sound ...

price range -5k to 15k
my card- creative X-Fi Platinum

please suggets some speakers...

If you're leaning more towards listening to music and you have that kind of a budget, why not invest in the Audioengine A5? Those're some powered bookshelves and for that budget I dont think you can source a better equivalent even if you go the DAC + passive bookshelves way.

Else get a MX5021. You've a decent soundcard anyway!

like to have speakers which can handle all frequencies--->bass,treble,mid ..all types @ very high volume.

That's kind of next to impossible since you do know almost all speakers tend to have the cracking evident in the sound when you notch up the volume to high levels.

@ gannu^^^^ I am planning to buy a 5.1 or a 7.1 .not 2.1
checked so many reviews of ---> Creative Inspire T7900

is this a good one???

^Personally I'd not pick up those Inspire series. Friend had a Inspire 5200 (or 5300 - don't remember exactly). Bass was plain, sound used to crack when volume was notched up beyond 40% of the vol-knob, satellite drivers were pathetic. I'd take it with a pinch of salt that Inspire series have evolved further from the ones that retailed in the past.

Why don't you audition some speakers for yourselves and decide rather than counting on someone else's opinion. One man's nectar is another's poison. What sounds fine to me may not suit you.

Back