Credit card discussions

Have basically never used a CC (at least in the past decade) and finally looking to get one. My only requirement is for the card to work on international websites (mainly ebay.com, amazon.com) where I order occassionally. My SBI "global" debit cards had worked fine for this purpose till a few weeks ago, but no longer do.

Please suggest something that is not a big hassle to obtain and does not cost too much to keep. And something that doesn't force me to use their phone app. Don't much care for rewards/points/discounts.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but would I need to open an account in that bank first, to get their credit card?

Just get Amazon ICICI or Flipkart Axis card. They're lifetime free. Bonus, they give you 5% cb on their respective sites.

I have a Citibank Shoppers Stop Card. Works well for me as I can take my family once and year and they can pick up anything they want. It's seem like we are shopping for free ( simple minds )

I have a HDFC Regalia life time free and ICICI Amazon card, i am using ICICI for all online purchases on all sites, will using HDFC be more beneficial, i used to avoid using CC online earlier now using it more with ICICI Amazon card. Or is Infinia better, i can get the Infinia but it may not be life time free.

Just get Amazon ICICI or Flipkart Axis card. They're lifetime free. Bonus, they give you 5% cb on their respective sites.
Thank you. The Amazon ICICI card took less than a day to obtain, and serves my purpose perfectly. Regret not getting this earlier - could have saved myself a ton of payment headaches.

Last edited:
Back