Credit card for forex transaction

sabby

ex-Mod
Hi Guys ! I need to get a Credit card which will be mainly used for Forex transaction i.e. buying from newegg/amazon. I'd also use this for my personal shopping when I'm on a business trip. Main criteria should be less forex txn charge. Any suggestions ? Don't wanna use Amex.

P.S. - I'm not that a heavy traveler though.

Hi Guys ! I need to get a Credit card which will be mainly used for Forex transaction i.e. buying from newegg/amazon. I'd also use this for my personal shopping when I'm on a business trip. Main criteria should be less forex txn charge. Any suggestions ? Don't wanna use Amex.P.S. - I'm not that a heavy traveler though.
AFAIK Newegg doesnt accept indian cards or any other card with non-us billing address. And i have had a great experience with HDFC cards compared to ICICI and SBI.

AFAIK Newegg doesnt accept indian cards or any other card with non-us billing address. And i have had a great experience with HDFC cards compared to ICICI and SBI.

Firstly, all Indian Credit Cards ate accepted on all major international websites, it is the debit cards which cause trouble.
I've been using IDBI and HDFC Credit cards, no problem whatsoever with both.

Yep CC's work, DC's are a hiccup most of the time.
Have used my Axis Debit Card on variety of shops online (US, UK etc., never had a problem :) )

Firstly, all Indian Credit Cards ate accepted on all major international websites, it is the debit cards which cause trouble.
I've been using IDBI and HDFC Credit cards, no problem whatsoever with both.

Have you tried making a purchase on Newegg using an Indian CC? Last time I tried it didn't accept any of my *credit* cards.

Have you tried making a purchase on Newegg using an Indian CC? Last time I tried it didn't accept any of my *credit* cards.
Haven't tried on Newegg. AFAIK, newegg does not ship to India.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep CC's work, DC's are a hiccup most of the time.
Have used my Axis Debit Card on variety of shops online (US, UK etc., never had a problem :) )
Yea, Axis Bank Debit Cards are the only ones which work internationally.

Haven't tried on Newegg. AFAIK, newegg does not ship to India.

Nowadays you don't really need the website to directly to ship to India, there are many many services which will let you get packages from US to India at very economical rates.

So there are many sites which do not accept international credit cards, and its the merchant's decision whether they want to accept international cards or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, Axis Bank Debit Cards are the only ones which work internationally.

Not really, I have used ICICI Bank / Indian Bank / City Union Bank debit cards on many international sites.

Not really, I have used ICICI Bank / Indian Bank / City Union Bank debit cards on many international sites.
I've tried on Google Wallet, PayPal and Steam, and only Axis Bank Debit Cards seems to work everywhere I've tried. Just not tried IDBI and CitiBank till now.

I've tried on Google Wallet, PayPal and Steam, and only Axis Bank Debit Cards seems to work everywhere I've tried. Just not tried IDBI and CitiBank till now.

Axis DC is not accepted by Google Wallet anymore. I tried paying via the same for Google Play apps, but it was repeatedly declined. Tried with my mom's card (again Axis DC), and that was declined as well.

Back