Crucial SSD RMA Experience

meduvada

Recruit
My 2 month old Crucial 2TB SSD decided to die without any acual usage. It was used in the motherboard with SSD heatsink applied. Approx 1.4 TB was utilized.

• i had purchased the drive from amazon so box and bill were available.
  • i contacted Kaizen Infotech (official Crucial RMA handler in India) through their email address and got no response at all so i decided to ring them up using their phone numbers.
  • the person who received the call was very helpful and asked me to send the bill and pics of drive on whatsapp and to courier the drive to their center.
  • drive was recieved by them in 2 days. My RMA request was created 10 minutes after the drive was delivered (the courier guy called me when delivering it so i know).
  • it was shipped to bangalore and in 1 day they shipped a replacement drive which was delivered today.
  • not happy that the drive died but this is the fastest RMA processing for me. cheers :)

rma.jpeg

Nice to know you had a good experience with them. I'm guessing the whole process took 4-5 days? I have noticed Kaizen Infotech (and probably others) RMA quick if they have the product available in their stock and testing the faulty product doesn't take long if they don't have a backlog of many to process.

I'm sure had you gone to their service centre by yourself you would have gotten it replaced on the spot. Though this advice is only for those who are actually close to the service centre and don't mind returning empty handed in case they don't have stock to provide replacement on the spot.

Kaizen and Acro guys are very helpful. In my case (CM PSU), I told the Kaizen guys that I can't have any downtime, so they procured the PSU in advance (in Pune, the PSU was not available so they had it shipped from Mumbai) so that when I visited their service center, they gave me the new one on spot.

Back