Crysis DirectX Version Affects Multiplayer Gameplay

vegeta

Disciple
DX9 vs. DX10 – The endless question
To shed some light into one of the most discussed topics regarding Crysis multiplayer I would like to explain you the differences between Crysis MP DX9 and DX10.

As for the DX9 version we won’t have physics and day and night cycle in-game. That means you won’t be able to shoot down trees and/or alter any other objects than vehicles on the map. Additionally the time of day setting doesn’t change dynamically. This is caused due to the tremendous server load such physics might cause on crowded gaming servers. Still you will be able to experience maps with different time of day settings since the maps can be altered in the Sandbox2 Editor.

Rather than providing the community partially working features we limit this for the DX10 version only. Due to the strong hardware available with DX10, server load is less and performance is increased. This ensures the pure physics and day and night cycle experience without any limitation.

Gamers with a DX10 card are able to play on DX9 servers, but with the limitation of the respective server. Vice versa it is not possible for gamers with DX9 cards to play on DX10 servers due to the limited features.

Global Crysis Multiplayer Update - Total Crysis Forums

MP BETA looks pretty good so far. can't wait for the demo, according to CryTek, there will be some "Hidden" Exclusive feature; I hope it's not In-game advertising ;)

Sigh, I hate being poor. Someone up for donating a decked up rig that can play this? I'll sign one or two kids up for eternal servitude to you.

Anyways, how many of you are actually going to buy crysis for the multiplayer? I mean the lowest pings I've gotten out of airtel to these SG servers hovers around 90-150ms.

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Sigh, I hate being poor. Someone up for donating a decked up rig that can play this? I'll sign one or two kids up for eternal servitude to you.

Anyways, how many of you are actually going to buy crysis for the multiplayer? I mean the lowest pings I've gotten out of airtel to these SG servers hovers around 90-150ms.

pings depend on the location of the server. the CS - Source servers hosted by VStreet give really great two digit pings (under 99 usually) due to rampant piracy, finding Indian servers for current games is next to impossible, with Crysis and it's high system requirements, I seriously we would see much (if any) Indian Game servers at all. oh well, God bless the UK/US Servers. Crysis's MP Looks really good and if the game is fun to play (6 days till the demo!) I'm definitely buying it. Don't know about others..

Yeah, VS cs servers are good but apart from CS India does'nt really have any other game servers (except for the odd CPMA or UT server).

Lots of good mp games around and we can't play em cause of te pingu.. I always wanted to try out BF 2042..

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Yeah, VS cs servers are good but apart from CS India does'nt really have any other game servers (except for the odd CPMA or UT server).

Lots of good mp games around and we can't play em cause of te pingu.. I always wanted to try out BF 2042..

BF2 is pretty awesome (provided you get a decent team) I've never let high pings stop me from playing the games I want. BF2 servers usually give me over 400ms but I play on them regardless. It lags a bit, but it's better than nothing. same thing with likes of Call of Duty, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, HL2: Deathmatch and so on..

On a side note, I hate the VStreet CS-S Servers. they give good pings but that's pretty much it. the players are far too annoying to work/play with. can anyone seriously play a game like CS-S which requires concentration (and silence) with people screaming this ALL the time?

"Abbe! U Noob, abbe, u got pwned, I owned u"

Abbe! U Noob, abbe, u got pwned, I owned u

It's CS mate. Its populated by 12 year old kids who have the intellectual capacity of a piece of wood. You should just wait for the lovely - "Stop haxx1ng or ullll comee homE anD fInd yuR momMa Rayp3d!1!!11" type insults. :D

very few indian will buy an original copy of the game+very few will have that much of hardware power to run it.
also the reason ppl tend to play CS is because its small less than a GB and can even run on a p3 machine easily without any issues

Back