Camera D5300 or D7100?

CeDrIc

Adept
I am looking to buy a DSLR from USA. Either Nikon D5300 or D7100. Confused between the 2.

Which one do i go for?

Prices on Amazon found are
D5300 with 18-140 VR AF-S - 1047$
D7100 with 18-140 VR AF-S - 1447$

I'm out of budget for D7100 as of now. Wanted your suggestions should I save more and buy the d7100 or go ahead with d5300?

Also, should i buy from Amazon or any other store in USA where i can get a better deal?

@CeDrIc - I think you are better purchasing a DSLR from India than from the US. You will save atleast 5-20% in most cases if you purchase the camera from India. Another advantage is that you will get 2 Years of India warranty. I think during some deals you can save even more.

Buy a 7100 if you are more experienced, and intend to pursue this slightly more seriously then every other guy. Body is great (I own a 7000), and good resale value.

Buy a 5300 if you want it for fun and nothing too serious, but it is capable with a good lens (or 2). Also consider if you want to practice and upgrade to fx.

I must agree with prakash14 on buying in India because you get an invoice and warranty, which is important in the longer run. Also if you want to resell it, the potential buyer will have a proof of your purchase.

Back