Storage Solutions Damaged Samsung HDD

nvnanda

Recruit
Hi
i have a 500gb Samsung damaged hdd which is out of warranty.
during initial stages of non detection i tried out every possible tips and tricks that a non geek would do starting from Linux , live CD , ubcd as well parted magic and all those stuffs using the ide-sata cable and somehow managed to recover only one partition.
however the other partition i am not able to recover because the hdd wont stay that long connected. and sometimes it doesn't detect at all. its like it appears in my computer of its own free will and that to a matter of minutes before it vanishes.
i am looking for anyone who can guide me to help me recover the other partition.
If possible please, anyone who has information about any professional who is at Vizag who can help me out kindly share the info with me.

Thanks.

If I could comprehend your post correctly, your hard disk appears when you boot the system but in sometime it vanishes. Hence you are not able to copy data from other partition.

If this is case, I had similar issue with my one of Western Digital Green HDD. It was having approx 916GB data out of which I could recover only 519GB of data. After which it won't get detected & it won't spin too.

This is just my experience I m sharing. I did not go to any data recovery agencies. The issue which was apparent and basic inference I had made was, power setting of the HDD might have been damaged.

Thank u vyral_143 i guess i have d same issue then. but i want to add more thing recently i tried to connect it to my pc i could hear tick tick sound which i presume the click of death but after that it got detected and the sound stopped for some time and when i opened the partion for copying my files it stayed for some time i recovered 800mb file and then it vanished and again appeared only this time it shows format the partion. any thoughts??

Thank u vyral_143 i guess i have d same issue then. but i want to add more thing recently i tried to connect it to my pc i could hear tick tick sound which i presume the click of death but after that it got detected and the sound stopped for some time and when i opened the partion for copying my files it stayed for some time i recovered 800mb file and then it vanished and again appeared only this time it shows format the partion. any thoughts??

This is ditto same situation I had faced. I would suggest not to play with it any more and take it to data recovery agency soon, in case data is critical/essential. This is in last leg.

Thank u vyral_143.
i m looking for any professional who works at vizag bcoz i m not sure to send my HDD for recovery. Anyone who knows kindly let me know.

Data recovery is costly . For 200GB you can expect anything between 20k-60k depending on condition of the HDD . If the data is downloaded Movies and games then just forget it . If you have some important files and photos , try to recover them first before the HDD dies completely .

Last edited:
Samsung SSD is brilliant and its HDD is stupid.If can use any recovery software available then you can salvage some data which is not in the damaged part of the HDD. Since it is a mechanical device its better to recover now than wait.If you have warranty then you can surely RMA it.

i have a Samsung spin-point which works perfectly after 4 years.... so you can never say their ssd/hdd is good/bad.. luck always plays its part!

Back