Dark Sector - Discussion Thread

Dark Sector [360 And PS3]

wp02800ur1.jpg

Been waiting for this one. It's out late next month and looks like it's gonna be released on time.
Check out the gameplays if you haven't already:Gameplays
Anybody else been looking forward to this?

capsmr7.jpg

Dark sector for PC!!!?????

well here is an un confirmed news yesterday i came across a post in another forum about dark sector coming to the pc here are the pics but they are in russian though

1yJxTJqhOo.jpg

for more click here

Re: Dark sector for PC!!!?????

It's only a Russian release which has been leaked over the internet. AFAIK, it's English release had been cancelled. Heck even the mods at Digital Extreme boards are confused about the release.

That's a complete mystery. Considering it's release in Russia is slated on 22nd of Jan, it's a very unusual leak. This is the fist time I'm witnessing a PC release without any prior notification/news from the Publisher leave alone the developer.

is there a possibility that skilled russian hackers have some how manage to emulate the game on p i know ti s far fetched but stilll :S

ubergeek said:
is there a possibility that skilled russian hackers have some how manage to emulate the game on p i know ti s far fetched but stilll :S
Very unlikely situation. For one, it doesn't look like an emulation. Secondly, hackers can't port a game. :p

^I downloaded a couple of gameplay videos not to mention GT review as well. It looks pretty similar to Gears of War in terms of gameplay. The only difference being here you can control a blade which can slide-n-dice through the enemies. The melee combat too seems a bit different. You can perform finishing combos if you're too close to an enemy. Looked very interesting but sadly the PC version is canned or should I say English release for PC is canned.

Well it's coming in english as well :p

While there should be an official announcement next week, Big Download can confirm that the Dark Sector PC port is not just coming to the Russian market but will also be released here in North America as well. Again we can't say anything more but expect more info about the title to be announced next week.

Exclusive: Dark Sector PC port coming to the US - Big Download Blog

I m already playing it..the game's cover system is pretty much like Gears of War..Graphics good enuf..WE can get EWnglish Audio in the game..bt everythin else will be ****...game is a good port ..runs @ avg of 50 on my 8800gt at 1680X1050..

Just completed the game a couple of days back. Amazing game & brilliant graphics. Gameplay wise it's a Gears of War replica the only difference is the addition of Glaive & the weapon upgrade system. Definitely worth a shot. Optimisation is flawless. It will stay above 60fps at all counts, except on very rare occasions.

Dark Sector is out for pc on steam

Dark Sector is out for 19$
About the Game

Dark Sector thrusts players into the role of Hayden Tenno, a covert operative sent on a dangerous mission into Lasria, an Eastern European city on the brink of ruin that hides a deadly Cold War secret. In the midst of this mission, Hayden is attacked by an unknown enemy and infected by the Technocyte Virus, a brutal bio-weapon that twists its victims into mindless killing machines. Surviving this attack, Hayden finds that the Technocyte virus has granted him powerful, inhuman abilities unlike anything he has ever seen. Now, he must evolve with his powers, survive and become a hero.

All new, all original action-shooter - Throughout the course of the game, players will witness Hayden's transformation into something more than he was as he fights against the Technocyte Virus taking over his body and the effects it has on his psyche.
Evolution powers - Hayden gains incredible superhuman powers - including the deadly, bladed glaive that he can grow from his arm and use and throw with deadly accuracy. Hayden will grow with these powers as they evolve and become more powerful throughout the game.
Cinematic and immersive experience - Through the use of no HUD, intuitive controls and a 3rd-person over the shoulder viewpoint everything about Dark Sector is designed with the goal of keeping the player immersed in the game.
Innovative multiplayer component - Dark Sector features an innovative and exciting multiplayer gameplay that will allow players to utilize the skills they have learned in the single-player game to excel in a competitive environment

System Requirements
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2/Vista®
Processor: 2.0 GHz Single Core Processor
Memory: XP 1 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 6.5 GB Available
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 6600 or ATI X1300 or higher
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
DirectX® Version: 9.0c
Controller support: XInput-controllers (Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller or Logitech Chillstream)

Re: Dark Sector is out for pc on steam

The resolution is screwed up. I dont know if this is a problem anymore, however..I would still wait reports confirming it and then buy.

Re: Dark Sector is out for pc on steam

Resolution gets squished each time I exit & enter the game for some reason. That is the only painful part. Apart from that everything seems to be perfect.

Back