DDR400 still rocks...presenting The OCZ Plantinum

Good buy...must say my corsair 3200XL's with TCCD chips will pwn those...do 225 @ 2-2-2-5...I get nearly 6200 MBps in PC Mark...meaning they're utilising like 90% of the available bandwidth i.e. 6.4 GBps.

And yep I've got OCZ's with the gold spreaders too. rock AFA looks go...

well my bro got it for 75 pounds :D :D
....and i wasnt charged any duty or anything :D :D

well my config is as follows..

X2 3800+
MSI K8NGM2 FID (this what i want to change)
1gb OCZ Platinum DDR400 (512 x 2)
Leadtek 7600GT
1050gb of storage
Benq 1650
Samsung 997DF
Logitech MX 1000 + regular kb

@wraith,
Thats the best thing you have done till date for ur rig. enjoy the low latencies, faster response and screen refreshes etc...
I have always maintained that while assembling a rig first get the ram and psu, allocating a decent portion of ur rig budget to them since the ram (memory) and unstable power (PSU) Constitute about 70 ~ 80% of all pc hardware problems.

medically speaking they are the Heart (Power/ Motor) and central nervous system(feeding of data to the brain {CPU} ) respectively of one's body. :wink:

Yeah, wraith understands medical things much better than rest of us ;) Congrats on ur OCZ dude. As u said , u r getting ur RIG back on track piece by piece :) And Whatcha gonna do with old RAM ;) You know there is somone always waiting to buy those :D

@wraith,
Thats the best thing you have done till date for ur rig. enjoy the low latencies, faster response and screen refreshes etc...
I have always maintained that while assembling a rig first get the ram and psu, allocating a decent portion of ur rig budget to them since the ram (memory) and unstable power (PSU) Constitute about 70 ~ 80% of all pc hardware problems.

medically speaking they are the Heart (Power/ Motor) and central nervous system(feeding of data to the brain {CPU} ) respectively of one's body. :wink:

yea....pretty nice explanations...

the heat spreaders look :O ... i guess it should do 225 @ 2-3-2-5 quite easily...and yea what are the chips under all that platinum :D ?

1gb is gonna be enuf for my kinda use....running windows xp and using the rig mainly for downloadin...watchin movies n occasional gaming...

vandal said:
Good buy...must say my corsair 3200XL's with TCCD chips will pwn those...do 225 @ 2-2-2-5...I get nearly 6200 MBps in PC Mark...meaning they're utilising like 90% of the available bandwidth i.e. 6.4 GBps.

And yep I've got OCZ's with the gold spreaders too. rock AFA looks go...

I have to commend you on your math skills, not to mention knowledge of computers. Oh and lets not forget your modesty

Back