Dead Cheap HTPC configuration

Have a look at official webpage

LG 42PJ350 Television - 42" Plasma TV - LG Electronics SA

It s clearly mention that resolution of this model is just 1024 * 768.

for more info about display resolution have a look

2cyh1lf.png

Hope it will help you to understand limitation of your Plasma tv.

Attachments

• Vector_Video_Standards5.svg.jpg
    Vector_Video_Standards5.svg.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 113
I had used a Compaq Pavillion dv4 (2112 TU) earlier via HDMI to play the exactly same videos without any glitch.
But now, I am facing severe problems with 720p videos. And, to clarify, the feature tab in the specifications on the official webpage it mentions 1080p Source Input HDMI (60/30/24p) Component (60/30/24p).
Also, when I stream videos off a PS3 to the TV via mediaserver, there seems to be no problems. Perfect playback.
But, to enjoy full 5.1 sound, I think HTPC works best plus I have invested around 16k in building the rig!

I am bound to think that there is a minor issue with the HTPC.
Will codecs solve the problem? I tried K-Lite and it didn't work. I am advised that CCCP will be a better solution.
What do you guys think?

I had used a Compaq Pavillion dv4 (2112 TU) earlier via HDMI to play the exactly same videos without any glitch.
But now, I am facing severe problems with 720p videos. And, to clarify, the feature tab in the specifications on the official webpage it mentions 1080p Source Input HDMI (60/30/24p) Component (60/30/24p).
Also, when I stream videos off a PS3 to the TV via mediaserver, there seems to be no problems. Perfect playback.
But, to enjoy full 5.1 sound, I think HTPC works best plus I have invested around 16k in building the rig!

I am bound to think that there is a minor issue with the HTPC.
Will codecs solve the problem? I tried K-Lite and it didn't work. I am advised that CCCP will be a better solution.
What do you guys think?

Can somebody help me out!
Nobody else has a AMD E350 HTPC? Any issues with it?

Folks, aryanraj @chetansha
I did a Win7 fresh install and installed XBMC alone. Nothing else.
Did the tweaking, updating and library edits and gave the same 1080p and 720ps for a run.
Flawless.
I don't know how or why, but it worked.
And, I tried with a VLC again, same stutters. KM same stutters. XBMC just dozes everything. Beast.

Thanks everyone! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back