PC Peripherals Decent Mouse for work and occasional gaming

kartikoli

Skilled
I am looking for a mouse wired/wireless(preferred) for work and occasional gaming. I've used Logitech G302, CM devastator and currently using Redragon CENTROPHORUS M601 which all of a sudden skipped switching DPI modes so its really hard to work now.
I don't have small hands so G302 wasn't perfect choice but eventually got used to it, also middle click is very important for my work as I can't open countless tabs using right click and open in new tab option. I saw that issue is some low end logitech wireless mouse (forgot the model number)
I know for the fact that most of the mouse starts giving trouble after 1~1.5y so please advice as I will be using this mouse daily for atleast 10~12h

Depends on your budget IMO. I loved my Logitech G304, but it started the infamous double-clicking issue, so changed to Razer Viper Mini (kind of downgrade as its wired). I heard Razer Deathadder Essential is good as well for a budget mice. If you can accept the fact that your mouse might not work properly after 2 years, get G304.

I have a G502 Proteus Spectrum, and it's been one of the best things for improving productivity for me over the last 4 years I've owned it. I use it on a daily basis for at least 6-8 hrs, often longer, and it's lasted without a hitch till now (touchwood). The perfectly placed additional buttons help big time in shaving off time while doing regular tasks (browser, video editing, spreadsheets, word processors and more), plus you can make per-app profiles in G Hub. It cost me 5k originally but I'd say it's been more than worth it to me all these years, and hopefully will be for a few more.
The newer ones appear to have. A double clicking issue which develops in about a 1year-1.5hrs, but apparently there is a software fix. I can also recommend the MX Master series of Logitech, they are also recommended highly by productivity gurus.

I'm using CM MM 720, it has optical switches.

Now that the warranty is only 1 yr for most of the companies and knowing my lazy attitude I am sure will never go to a service center so I am reluctant to buy an expensive model and that was the reason I've downgraded to Redragon which worked for 1.75 yrs for 1000rs so not a bad choice, can simply put it off and buy a new one

Now that the warranty is only 1 yr for most of the companies and knowing my lazy attitude I am sure will never go to a service center so I am reluctant to buy an expensive model and that was the reason I've downgraded to Redragon which worked for 1.75 yrs for 1000rs so not a bad choice, can simply put it off and buy a new one
In that case, I've heard good things about the Logitech M331 and M275 from friends. Seem to be well-built, fairly inexpensive wireless (and bluetooth also I think) mice.

G304 really good! Will get double click issues after 1.5 years but that's okay. Keep a spare g304 for when that happens

Since you have no budget constraints and you use your mouse 12 hours a day, you need something comfortable for your hands.

I would suggest taking a look at the Logitech MX Master 3 (or even MX Master 2) or the Logitech G604.

Both have brilliant ergo-shapes and your wrists will thank you for the same.

I had purchased the MX Anywhere 2S specifically for such a use case few years ago. However, it started having the infamous double-click issue after 14 months and with Logitech's reduced 1-year warranty, the ~5k mouse became useless.

Mind you, the double click issue is not as irritating as being unable to maintain a hold on the left click which means you can't perform any drag actions on Windows.

I really wouldn't go with any expensive Logitech mouse in the future as I have lost trust in their quality and especially their after-sales support, considering I had in the past replaced a 1k mouse nearly 3 years after purchase.

Also, this is quite deliberate on Logitech's part as they switched from the Japanese-made Omron switches to cheaper Chinese ones. When they started getting excessive warranty claims, instead of going back to better quality switches, their response was to reduce the warranty. Can't really support such a company any more.

Last edited:
@t3chg33k Completely agree with you about double click/holding left click, I know the struggle :banghead: specially when you have to work on different websites and copy paste data from web to Google Spreadsheet.

I don't have any budget issues, as normal Indian I want return on investment but the quality of these mouse have gone down a lot and its not VFM to spend 5k on a mouse that will last 1~1.5yr.
Last time I've switched from Logitech to Redragon M601 and it was good and now when its giving error I think the amount I paid (1000) is already utilized.

Now I am thinking between Logitech M331 VS Redragon M711 to finilize one of them

Back