Defective / Dead laptops/laptop parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

htnakirs

Disciple
All dead and defective laptops and laptop parts are welcome.
hard disks, optical drives, RAM modules, etc
or defective laptops as a whole with working parts inside also are accepted.

There is a catch :
Items need to be shipped to me at your cost for verification, before payment is made. Ofcourse, this does not apply to known defective/dead components. Only applies in cases where whole laptops with salvageable working components are shipped.

Approximate prices - subject to change :
Say for a "dead" laptop you can expect
Rs. 750 for DVDwriter
Rs. 2500 for wide screen ( no scratches / dead pixels)
Rs. 500 for 1Gb RAM
Rs. 1000 for 80GB HDD
Rs. 500 for adapter + bag
Rs. 250 for motherboard
Rs. 250 for CPU
Rs. 500 for body (no scratches, dents)
Rs. 500 for battery with last recorded backup of over 60 mins.

So, if local service center offers to buy back dead laptop for less than Rs. 7000, reply here.

Dead/defective stuff also is valuable : Rs. 100 for dead hard disks and optical drives. Rs. 50 for RAM modules. (Please note, if the drives have been opened, they shall not be acceptable since there would be nothing left to salvage.)

When replying (PLEASE AVOID PMs, POST IN THREAD ONLY) mention the following :
brand and model no.
complete specs - especially if you have changed components
nature of defect
last recorded battery duration (if battery is included)

Please note that the prices mentioned are for original, unrepaired parts. Compatible and repaired stuff will be of lesser value. Please mention this when providing config details.
Also since I have a personal bias against foreign goods, stuff not bought locally will be undervalued.

I shall offer an approximate value for the stuff based on your description, and if this is agreeable you can ship the stuff to me. After verification, if the stuff is as described (and adjusting for damage in transit), I shall credit the amount to your account.

I have a friend who has a sometimes-working thinkpad, R31. It works sometimes and sometimes it fails to boot. It has 40G working HDD, 256MB SDRAM, an almost dead battery, working adapter and other standard accessories. Keyboard and LCD is perfect. LCD bezel is loose.

People in my town are unable to repair it. They are ready to buy it. I would like to know what would be your quote?

I have an hp compaq laptop...its mobo has some problem...
monitor is 15.4, works fine (tested on dell 15" same size)
dvd read cd writer( works checked)
battery must be fine (didnt check but low use,old though)
40 gb hdd...working(using externally in casing)
i think i have charger too
has ati gfx card
altec lancing spkrs
256x2 ram
chasis is not dented/scratched
what can be expected?...
also any place in navi mumbai/mumbai where your personnel can appraise it/buy it

Have a Toshiba Satellite Core Duo laptop with a defective gfx chip on the mobo...local dealer diagnosed and valued at 3k.

Plus i have a few hard & optical drives. But shipping to kerala is a pain! Do you not have anyone to verify in Mumbai, at a small cost?

jalanbk : I have mentioned approx prices for RAM modules. If agreeable, we can proceed. Please check other threads for approx expected rates by members for DDR2, I do not want to be labelled an opportunist.

manoja2k: The laptop parts that could be used in other systems would be the hdd and the screen. The rest are too old (or of use only if another R31 customer wants to repair his laptop.) And the screen may not survive the shipping. So, I recommend selling it off locally. If I were a local dealer, I'd offer approx Rs.3000.

Nimit : You can expect about Rs. 6000 (assuming battery does 60+mins, and bag is included). You will have to ship it to Calicut.

memories_dv : Please mention model no, or complete specs. 3000 is too low. Yes, shipping is a pain - adds a new meaning to the old axiom NO PAIN : NO GAIN !

htnakirs said:
manoja2k: The laptop parts that could be used in other systems would be the hdd and the screen. The rest are too old (or of use only if another R31 customer wants to repair his laptop.) And the screen may not survive the shipping. So, I recommend selling it off locally. If I were a local dealer, I'd offer approx Rs.3000.

Thanks buddy!! Your advice is very valuable to my friend.

I just replaced my 7 years old compaq armada Laptop HDD. Here is the detail of old HDD lying with me.

HDD Make - IBM Travelstar 30 GB IDE.

HDD used to make kat kat noise for few minutes after booting and then system hangs.

cisco_tech : The drive is on it's deathbed. I would like to buy it. As stated, I can offer Rs. 100 for the drive. But, since the shipping cost will be proportionately high, it is not viable to send just one drive. Let me know if you have few more defective parts.

i have a dead adapter.. HP and the HP Bag as well... what's your price?

the Adapter has been repaired 2-3 times and has brown tape over it and the Bag is in pristine condition.... reply ASAP

the Adapter has been repaired 2-3 times and has brown tape over it and the Bag is in pristine condition.... reply ASAP

Re: Defective / Dead laptops/laptop parts2a

kunalthesarkar said:
kindly pm me i have a dead dell insprion 1525 6 cell battery what would be the coast and how will i give you the cell. kindly pm me

I need batteries with atleast one hr backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back