Defy or C7?? Under 20k!!

meet6600

Adept
Hi Folks,

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 20k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Trust Nokia but Android Rocks!!

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen or QWERTY

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required for occasional Snapping with flash!

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Symbian Belle , Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: WiFi, 3g

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, Mail, Music

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Good Battery

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nokia E6, C7, Moto Defy

Was Planning to buy Motorola Defy this week but just saw N8 running on Symbian Belle!! On watching videos and judging it's basically Nokia's version of android!!Though I have been using Nokia for a quite a long time but was really disappointed with their WP7 move, killing Symbian & Meego news!! Also the current crop of phones don't justify their Price!! But on seeing the video now confused!! will it be worth waiting for Belle upgrade Which is confirmed on current s^3 devices(thanks to competition) or go with android as I don't see Moto to update Defy to 2.3 Gingerbread!! Since Ice cream sandwich too around it's just getting more difficult to decide!! Even liked e6 from nokia but belle on that?? so shall I go android or wait for Nokia's attempt of android??

Buy Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (Metallic Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Apply RCOMLB1 and get it for 19.8k :) The Hummingbird is the best single core SOC IMO. Only -ve is that the camera lacks flash.

But the Nokia C7 too fits your requirements. It has good music quality and you have Opera for browsing.

The camera lacks the auto focus but image quality is pretty good if you dont need macro shots(strict no for shots closer than 50cms)

Buy Nokia C7 (Frosty Metal) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews -> ~15.5k after discounts.

I also trusted nokia like you do. It is an amazing phone. But then i saw android. It is the future to phones. Go in for android. No doubt. But i saw your requirements about your phone that is music, internet, mail. Then checkout BB. Thats the best with BB msngr. But if u like to do stuff with your phone. Like apps, games, cusomize then go in for android. I'll give you an example .. check a nokia phone worth 5k and check the nokia phone worth 15k or 25k. They all have the same menu. You dont feel like youve upgraded. Feels boring and old. Only some specs are better. But still you can do the same with a 10k phone also. Go in for android. It is the best. Apps wise 2nd best as apple comes first. But that thing is overprized. So for the under 20k range go in for the nexus s from letsbuy or flipkart. or ebay. Thats the best for this range. it has flash also. pure google experience. If u can spend a little extra then the lg optimus 2x. Else get the nexus s. Best phone in the 20k range. Good cpu, gpu. Will get regular updates. And everything. If u looking wihtin 15k then get the defy.

Good Luck

I am not comfortable with Samsung S1 and S2 as I prefer the mobile to be compact but not too thin!! Checked Dummies and Real Models of above mentioned Phones and they were comfortable to hold!! Although Samsung is really awesome in packing great hardware!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

That's why I preferred Moto and Nokia!! google nexsus s and lg also seem good!!

Thanks for your suggestion DarkAngel!!

meet6600 said:
I am not comfortable with Samsung S1 and S2 as I prefer the mobile to be compact but not too thin!! Checked Dummies and Real Models of above mentioned Phones and they were comfortable to hold!! Although Samsung is really awesome in packing great hardware!!

That's why I preferred Moto and Nokia!! google nexsus s and lg also seem good!!

Thanks for your suggestion DarkAngel!!

Stick with Defy. At least it is rugged and will withstand the general wear and tear without breaking a sweat, plus its way cheaper than nexus S.

You can update Defy to Gingerbread using the CM7 mod. I hope you don't plan on much gaming though, else, pick the Nexus S

so defy it is!! also with andro 2.2 defy has got smart dialing but can anyone confirm whether flash support is now adobe flash 10.1 and not flash lite?? web browsing would be great with proper flash support and not lite rite??

@OP if you are online now, i want you to look at this as soon as possible:

LG Optimus 2x - EZone

There is an offer for the Optimus 2x, at just 19900, from e-zone (the future group electronics retail chain). BUT, this offer is valid only till 6 PM today!

So, if you want to get this phone at an amazing price, you'd better decide now! Only 80 mins left to buy!

(P.S: I am no way associated with this company, but ezone is quite reliable and this deal is an absolute steal!)

mrnikhilsudo said:
^ I am guessing that it is 19990 everywhere now.Saw it on TV the other day and the price mentioned was 19990/-

Wow, if thats the case, then it seems that dual-core phones are now becoming affordable to the mid-high end segment buyers too. Nice!

Dual Cores getting cheaper but DEFY seems DURABLE!! Can any one confirm hows the performance with 2.2 Froyo?? Also does it support Flash now or Flash Lite for Web Browsing?? It's 800 MHz however quite capable CPU so wanted to know!! Go my Pay Cheque so would buy it any time!! I was told that only Droids with a minimum of 1 Ghz Processor support Flash!! Kindly confirm!!

Back