Defy Vs XCD35

techpal

Skilled
Guys plzz help what to get between these two. Is Defy worth extra 5k? And do xcd35 comes with 2.2(Froyo) preinstalled?

The general consensus is that Defy is better than XCD35. Is the extra 5k worth depends on how you plan to use the phone. Lets say you are going to use the phone only for basic functions and occasional use of cameras, XCD35 will be excellent choice and you get to save 5k money. But if you are going to be a power user, then defy is a better choice and well worth to spend 5k extra.

But given its ruggedness, I would say in the long run it is worth to pay 5k extra.

Comparisons:

Hardware: Defy

Multimedia: Defy

Software: Defy

Custom Mods: Defy

Usability: Defy

@aradhakr84

Thanks a lot . Ya will use phone for multimedia purposes ,watching movies,listening music, browsing net etc.So from above i can conclude that its worth to spend extra 5k in a long run.

Movies and browsing xcd is ok.

Music not sure. Ask anyone on of the xcd owners.

Are you sure you don't want a good camera, cause xcd camera sucks. And have you seen the camera samples of xcd35?

Also, given your reputation, I assume that you are aware of the fact that xcd 35 badly needs cyanogenmod from day 1, as stock rom is too slow. And that is the only major PLUS for xcd, having official cm support.

techpal:1878456 said:
@aradhakr84

Thanks a lot . Ya will use phone for multimedia purposes ,watching movies,listening music, browsing net etc.So from above i can conclude that its worth to spend extra 5k in a long run.

Yeah defy is worth the extra 4.5k... You can overclock its processor to 1GHz and the phone would work more awesomely... I have heard that defy is soon going to get official gingerbread update plus the gingerbread update would automatically overclock the processor to 1GHz... Defy > XCD35

@Hades: Hi, would you please help me understand "the gingerbread update would automatically overclock the processor to 1GHz" Because I have not heard about it before and would like to know if it is true. Thank you.

get the defy. Its anyday better than the xcd35. I have used the xcd35 and its its a good phone if you just want to experience android. But to fully use and exploit the power of android you would surely need a defy cuz the xcd35 simply lacks the raw hw power.

The Defy's price has dropped to 14.3k (using coupon on letsbuy), with a free headset whose price is: (MRP=1290, letsbuy price= 800).

This is a very good deal for a very good phone. It is well worth the 4.9k over the XCD35, since it is better in all ways you can imagine (screen, audio, community support, CPU, GPU, camera, ruggedness, internal memory etc...), maybe apart from after-sales service (not an issue), and SAR value(also not an issue).

The Defy's price has dropped to 14.3k (using coupon on letsbuy), with a free headset whose price is: (MRP=1290, letsbuy price= 800).
This is a very good deal for a very good phone. It is well worth the 4.9k over the XCD35, since it is better in all ways you can imagine (screen, audio, community support, CPU, GPU, camera, ruggedness, internal memory etc...), maybe apart from after-sales service (not an issue, Moto's service should be decent too), and SAR value(also not an issue).

Back