[Delhi] Tip: How to withdraw cash using a credit card without paying interest

Violax

Disciple
So many credit card companies charge 60 % interest like mine does for withdrawal of cash from ATM directly using a credit card.

So what I do is I recharge my Delhi Metro Smartcard online using my credit card to a max of 1000 Rs, and refund the smart card for cash at the smart card counter. Isn't that awesome?

SO, I would need to 1. Travel to to and from Delhi spending 3K, 2. Get a metro smart card in order to get interest free 1K?:banghead:

But, you sure a nifty soul!o_O

SO, I would need to 1. Travel to to and from Delhi spending 3K, 2. Get a metro smart card in order to get interest free 1K?:banghead:

But, you sure a nifty soul!o_O

This is only for people who live close to Delhi Metro, I thought that was to be understood by common sense

Better idea, go to any shop with POS :)

Ask him to swipe and give cash to you, If they refuse to do so, call bank and complain about them.

It is mandatory for all POS user, to reimburse cash by swiping card in case customer need cash, this rule is being made by RBI, and while installing POS Bank also gives you direction about, however the limit is 8k ot 10k something, i dont remember it exactly.

1. only works when shops are open
2. needs to be shops 'designated' by your bank, whatever that means
3. isn't there a service charge added on top ?

The shop-owner will have to pay transaction charge or 1.5-2%, but there is a form which he will fill that he provided cash to blah blah customer, and bank will reimburse back the 2% ~~ service fee.

REMEMBER, the customer need not to pay any extra money.

There is one problem I'm facing though. As I repeat the process after refunding the smart card, and purchase a new smart card for recharging again, I'm getting this error on the Delhi Metro website

" Please enter valid EngravedID"

Anyone has any solutions. Its been 6 days since I purchased a new smart card, but I'm still not able to recharge it online

Back