Delhivery - Not receiving OTP

honest1

Adept
For last couple of months, I never get OTP for any shipment done through Delhivery. The delivery boy keeps sending but I dont get it and ultimately the shipment has to be returned back. I have tried to lodge complaint but unfortunately for it, OTP is required as well which is again I am not getting.
Tried reaching to them Twitter but they dont revert!

I am really clueless why it is happening and then how to solve it!
Any pointers?

Its your DND setting or sms app or truecaller is the primary yet the hidden cause to miss on such important updates. Even zomato/swiggy calls are marked as spam and blocked by truecaller.

Last edited:
I am using Android stock SMS app. Have checked its blocked and spam message folder and there is nothing in it related to it.

I have this issue with Shiprocket where the OTP never arrives, but it works with a different number that is not on DND. Don't have an issue with Delhivery though with the number on the full DND list.

had the same problem with a different vendor and the phone was a oneplus, had to disable its message grouping feature to finally get an otp.

It has to be DND. I had the same problem. I had to follow up with Airtel to ensure that they do not block these messages. If you have an Airtel connection, you can disable DND via the Thanks app and enable DND afterward. DND will be disabled almost in real-time.

It has to be DND. I had the same problem. I had to follow up with Airtel to ensure that they do not block these messages. If you have an Airtel connection, you can disable DND via the Thanks app and enable DND afterward. DND will be disabled almost in real-time.
Tried but didnt worked as well :(

Ok , raise a complaint of your mobile service provider, they may reply dnd blocking but you tell them you are getting otp from other courier provider!
Did that and here's their reply:

As per the TRAI directive, all organizations involved in sending bulk messages needs to be registered with DLT portal else the SMS’ will be blocked.

As you are not receiving SMS, I would suggest you to get in touch with delivery company name e.g. bank/ food delivery app etc to highlight the concern. Rest assured, the issue is not from Airtel end.

better contact Airtel Store hope someone there will help out! The backend team need to check your account why otp not getting.

When I port from BSNL to Jio there was an issue (No incoming call from bsnl landline/mobile). when contacted via phone/email jio won't accept there was an issue and blame bsnl network issue! anyway after 7 days went to the jio office presented my problem, and the guy contacted someone within 5 hours it was sorted out!

Their app is so bad
Sometimes I cannot even add address or see all the addrresses
It crashed sometimes
I would suggest to use PC version of the website
It works

I have this issue in reverse. Delhivery sends me the OTP, but the delivery guy just leaves the package with a watchman without even coming to my door, let alone ask for the OTP. :rolleyes:

Did that and here's their reply:

As per the TRAI directive, all organizations involved in sending bulk messages needs to be registered with DLT portal else the SMS’ will be blocked.

As you are not receiving SMS, I would suggest you to get in touch with delivery company name e.g. bank/ food delivery app etc to highlight the concern. Rest assured, the issue is not from Airtel end.
Airtel will tell you that just to get you off their back. Ask to speak to a manager at Airtel and tell them that you are not going to back off until the manager/supervisor speaks to you. Even if they say there is nobody in the current shift you tell them that you will wait until some manager/supervisor is available. Eventually, they give in and they will let you speak to a manager/Supervisor.

Once you get hold of the Supervisor, explain what the problem is and tell them that your Mom/Dad is getting OTP from the same courier service but they are on Jio and that it is a DND registered. You ask the Supervisor to raise a ticket with the backend team and ask them to send the Message header that they are blocking. Ask them to allow those Message header/identifier to DND allowed. Tell them that if this is not done you have no option but to port to JIO as it is working fine on JIO. Make sure you get a complaint Reference number.

Parallelly, send out an email to 121@in.airtel.com with the above text.

Here's what I did when I had the problem in the past.
Code:
Srikanth Koka <****@****.com>
Tue, Nov 2, 2021, 10:21 AM
to 121

Hi,

Ref: Ticket QSMSD1BLR20211102373161 (Replace it with your Complaint Reference Number).

I am not receiving OTPs from an app called FTH Daily. My number is registered with DND. If I use a non DND registered number I do receive the OTP.

Please ask your IT team to check if the messages from this App are blocked due to DND. I have requested the OTPs at the following times.

Nov 2, 2021 10:04 AM IST
Nov 2, 2021 10:05 AM IST
Nov 2, 2021 10:08 AM IST
I had a similar problem in January with Bajaj Finance. At that time your IT team confirmed that the SMS were being blocked due to the SMS header being marked as marketing. I am pretty sure the same is the issue here too. Please have your IT team look into this issue and resolve it at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards,

Back