Monitors Dell 22" Monitor !!

arijitcse

Disciple
Hello friends.....

Am gona Buy a 19" LCd Screen...

i fixed near about 15k for the monitor...

At first i thought about The shiny samsung monitor....

but after going through the TE forum posts and threads..am lil bit of interested about the DELL Or viewsonic Monitor...

Now u people can u plz suggest me abou the 22" Inch Monitor of Dell and viewsonic...

till now i have got 2 choice from dell

Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP

monitor_2208wfp_325x296.jpg

and

22†Wide Flat Panel Monitor

e228wfp_iadell.jpg

now U plz describe me in details

Are those Monitors r Superb performer?!!

and ahead from Samsung?!!!

How about colour depth and varinat?! teel me in details?!!!:)

With your budget, you can get any of the three Dell 22" monitors (Provided your place doesnt attract octroi).

E228WFP - Is the base model. Has got a very good name in 22" class. If you want to bank on a tried and tested display go for this.

Ultrasharp 2208WFP - Is one of the latest models. There is not much of any information on this (regarding quality). It has a height adjustable stand which all others lack, has 4 USB ports. Some people are mentioning that this one is nothing but a Samsung 226cw screen (no confirmation on this rumor).

SP2208WFP - Is most expensive of three, Has webcam, USB ports, HDMI port and a glossy screen. It has 2000:1 contrast ratio and 2ms response time.

If you look around properly, you can get any of these for or under 15k.

arijitcse said:
Hello friends.....

Am gona Buy a 19" LCd Screen...

i fixed near about 15k for the monitor...

At first i thought about The shiny samsung monitor....

but after going through the TE forum posts and threads..am lil bit of interested about the DELL Or viewsonic Monitor...

Now u people can u plz suggest me abou the 22" Inch Monitor of Dell and viewsonic...

till now i have got 2 choice from dell

Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP

monitor_2208wfp_325x296.jpg

and

22†Wide Flat Panel Monitor

e228wfp_iadell.jpg

now U plz describe me in details

Are those Monitors r Superb performer?!!

and ahead from Samsung?!!!

How about colour depth and varinat?! teel me in details?!!!:)

OMG, there again.. There're a lot of threads fer this monitor alone, Lo'l!!!

And btw varinat?? :S U meant warranty???

Didn u get the details from the site?? :p I guess its 3 yrs.

Here...

This shud help:
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/go-lcd-monitors-19-20-22-a-103715-5.html

I ordered Ultrasharp 2208 WFP from GO thread in this forum at 14.5 k . I was not able to get much reviews on net about this monitor . Since this was just 500 bucks more than e228wfp and had better specifications, i ordered this one . E228WFP is a good monitor and there are lot of good reviews about it on many sites .

Thanx a lot for the advice.....but are the monitors from dell are really ahead from
Samsung and view sonic with their colour Quality and built in quality and the warranty..etc etc..

Are the Monitors from dell Value for money?!!!

I will use XFX 8800 GT Graphics card..so no probs with display!!!

and one morething ...
what is this Ultrasharp?!Feature?!
anything special?!

:)

I myself googled a bit what ultrasharp specifically means in dell monitor . Here's what i got

What is Dell UltraSharp??? - NotebookForums.com

Thread is bit useless but i guess ultrasharp is just title dell gives to just above entry level monitors :p . Not sure about performance of samsung and viewsonic compared to dell . I suggest you first make your mind which monitors are in your budget and then read for reviews on them .

rapt0r said:
I myself googled a bit what ultrasharp specifically means in dell monitor . Here's what i got
What is Dell UltraSharp??? - NotebookForums.com

Thread is bit useless but i guess ultrasharp is just title dell gives to just above entry level monitors :p . Not sure about performance of samsung and viewsonic compared to dell . I suggest you first make your mind which monitors are in your budget and then read for reviews on them .

but how i can make my mind stable with out reading the articles?!

nd i will try buy to best one from the market within my range!

is not it mah frnd?!;)

In the present situation, Dells are really good VFM displays.

regd Ultrasharp name, maybe at one time it was associated with good quality. But as said earlier, very little is known about the Ultrasharp 2208WFP. Not just in India but anywhere else. It was first introduced in east asian markets, there have been very satisfied users of these if you can go through the translated pages over google.

But the US reviews have been not so good as most of the users who have bought these have migrated from 2007WFP (S-IPS panel). If your need is for any kind of professional graphics work, I would suggest you to do more research on the panel types and then decide.

Personally, I have already ordered Ultrasharp 2208WFP.

PS: And no one can make a decision for you. People here can point out more information or known issues. With all these "you" are the one who should decide on what to go for.

random2 said:
In the present situation, Dells are really good VFM displays.

regd Ultrasharp name, maybe at one time it was associated with good quality. But as said earlier, very little is known about the Ultrasharp 2208WFP. Not just in India but anywhere else. It was first introduced in east asian markets, there have been very satisfied users of these if you can go through the translated pages over google.

But the US reviews have been not so good as most of the users who have bought these have migrated from 2007WFP (S-IPS panel). If your need is for any kind of professional graphics work, I would suggest you to do more research on the panel types and then decide.

Personally, I have already ordered Ultrasharp 2208WFP.

so from ur views...mah friend...i can go for thst one!:) :clap:

I edited the above post, but in case you miss it -

And no one can make a decision for you. People here can point out more information or known issues. With all these "you" are the one who should decide on what to go for.

Is it something in ur mind like u wana go for DELL only? coz u can go for a LG 22"..the model is LG22WTQ this is an amazing LCD too. Has Contrast raion of 5000:1...just have a LOOK at its more specs @ LG india site. It is better than DELL. It has other 3 modes too..like samsung Magic Bright. This one has 3 modes Normal, Movies and Gaming. This mode changes the DPI settings and better visuality according to mode u select.

And yes 4got the main thing it has 2ms response :D

^ Different TN panels have different overdriven speeds which may or may not be good.

Just don't outrightly go on specs, performance is a big variable.

Thus, even a 5ms TN panel may display motion better than a 2ms TN.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Thus, even a 5ms TN panel may display motion better than a 2ms TN.

5ms TN panel may display motion better than a 2ms TN RTA based

for overdrive based panels display motion is dependent upon efficiency of RTA chip....this is the reason why 19" samsung 940BW with 4ms RTA used to beat the crap out of 2ms RTA viewsonic:p :p

Check out any reviews for d so called 22" LG.. Neve heard of any..

The dell 22 incher has got good reviews.. Its d best bang for d buck as well.. The SP model has an hdmi out

And contrast ratio specified by d manufacturer can be sort of a mkting gimmick.. Like d pmpo over rms..

I'd a look at d 2k:1 dcr offered by d viewsonic 20 incher.. Didn find anything spectacular..

gannu_rox said:
Check out any reviews for d so called 22" LG.. Neve heard of any..

The dell 22 incher has got good reviews.. Its d best bang for d buck as well.. The SP model has an hdmi out

And contrast ratio specified by d manufacturer can be sort of a mkting gimmick.. Like d pmpo over rms..

I'd a look at d 2k:1 dcr offered by d viewsonic 20 incher.. Didn find anything spectacular..

Have you searched..u would have got many reviews abt the monitor . the lg 22wtq. in my opinion its better than dell. check out the review at cnet uk website.

That you have to find out. An earlier post pointed at Croma stores in Mumbai. seems they had listed LG 22" at 13k but were out of stock.

Back