Laptops Dell and Core i7 - Only delays!

My roomie had ordered a Studio 16 XPS with a core i7 on November 1st and since then all he has heard from them is "Your order will be shipped next week".

Today when he called, they told him that Studio's are facing some serious issues with core i7 processor and hence the delay. He still wasn't able to give a fixed time frame and told my roomie that they will call him tomorrow and tell the fixed date!

Anyone facing the same problem or you got yours delivered?

Have a fight with dell tell them you are dissatisfied they will make it up by providing some gifts...

Did Dell specifically say it was problem coz of i7 proc?

A few of my friends faced some issues recently while trying to order laptops with Win 7 OS. Apparently, some minor driver tweaks are required. I guess, awaited from Microsoft.. not sure..

TheMask said:
Did Dell specifically say it was problem coz of i7 proc?

A few of my friends faced some issues recently while trying to order laptops with Win 7 OS. Apparently, some minor driver tweaks are required. I guess, awaited from Microsoft.. not sure..

Yep the CC guys specifically told that they had same issues with Studio 15's as well earlier and hence they have withdrawn that model from the site. Same problems has been seen in the Studio XPS now. Upon asking more he said he didn't know exact details about it.

HMM sorry for the Oftopic but i was intending to go for DELL XPS 16.

But with ur issue in the light i shall wait and watch. Coz dell is now giving i7 on almost all of the lappies(through customisation)one being the studio 15.

Tejas01 said:
HMM sorry for the Oftopic but i was intending to go for DELL XPS 16.
But with ur issue in the light i shall wait and watch. Coz dell is now giving i7 on almost all of the lappies(through customisation)one being the studio 15.

Is the studio 15 with Core i7 model up again on the site? Or you getting it directly from the rep. When we placed the order the model wasn't on the site but the CC rep told us that it's available!

I would say confirm from the CC guy (though you can't really rely on him) and then place the order.

This is going to happen as i feel cooling assembly is main concern for dell. Still they believe in having air vents at back not side ways except for studio 14. They should take leaf out of ASUS laptops where they have excellent builds and cooling assembly.

Party Monger said:
Get 3yrs complete cover..ask them for it, else cancel the order..

Yup already ordered it with a 3 yrs complete cover. Cost 9k more for that!

kekerode said:
I just got my i7 Dell Studio 15 on 24th :D ... loaded with Win7 while in order it's Windows Vista :)

That's great. How many days did you delivery take? Also are there any heating issues with it?

amol_cool said:
Is the studio 15 with Core i7 model up again on the site? Or you getting it directly from the rep. When we placed the order the model wasn't on the site but the CC rep told us that it's available!

I would say confirm from the CC guy (though you can't really rely on him) and then place the order.

Its available on the site. its costing 58k with i7 and ddr3 ram.

BTW what is REP? and how much is ur friend paying for this XPS monster??

^once i got order number it took around 6 days for delivery ... i m around 700km away from laptop so can't tell much about heating issue ... but my bro says temperatures are around 50 degree under load

Party Monger said:
Get 3yrs complete cover..ask them for it, else cancel the order..

My brother has an XPS with that warranty that cover's breakage and spill's etc.
He was asking me if I break the screen and spill coke over it will they replace it? :ashamed:

m0h1t said:
He was asking me if I break the screen and spill coke over it will they replace it? :ashamed:
No need for that, if you need it replaced, just give it a hard prod or something that will cause a minor damage then if he asks you to trouble shoot a lot, just send him a pic, but beware, these screens are generally refurbished..so are the motherboards etc..:mad:

I just got my laptop's motherboard replaced, since the laptop was going to be opens totally, he asked whether i wan the screen replaced also asked if tis missing any ruber legs..got motherboard and dvd drive changed:D

m0h1t said:

Well even if you spill hot tea on it and tell them then will happily replace it :eek:hyeah: Just rem the golden rule of Dell's warranty support - Every area is allocated with limited number of technicians. If you are friendly with all of them and give them good feedback ratings in turn they will 'manage' lot of things for you ;)

Back