Monitors Dell direct order question

SNJN

Recruit
I got a quote for a Monitor from Dell by email.It will be a prepaid order and shipping method is by road (15 days). my questions:
(1)How reliable are Dell when it comes to delivering on time.
(2) what about dells warranty . do they replace the system if there are problems.
(3) Also like to know peoples experiences with ordering from dell directly. were there any other issues?

I have heard once that someone that he bought monitor from Dell directly. I think the transaction went nice.
1. Should be as reliable as any online seller.
2. You shouldn't have this doubt when you're buying directly from Dell :D

Have done this long back in 2008
Bought 2 monitors from Dell and had no hassles. Backlight bleeding was quite high on one of them and I asked for replacement. They shipped the replacement within 24hours and picked up the defective one 6months later.

Planning to get 25" or 30" ones later this year. Will mostly follow the same process

I bought a U2515H from Dell sometime back. My experience:

1) They said about 1 month delivery time. It was delivered within that time frame.

2) Officially, I believe the policy is replacement with new moniter within 30 days, refurbed after that. My monitor had a factory defect, and it was a pain in the behind to get it replaced. Dell's customer service is a hassle to deal with. They kept offering me refurbed monitor as replacement which I kept refusing. I finally got it replaced with a new monitor after a month or so. Overall, experience with Dell customer support was pretty poor.

3) Ordering part went very smoothly, it was the warranty part that was a problem.

I bought a U2515H from Dell sometime back. My experience:

1) They said about 1 month delivery time. It was delivered within that time frame.

2) Officially, I believe the policy is replacement with new moniter within 30 days, refurbed after that. My monitor had a factory defect, and it was a pain in the behind to get it replaced. Dell's customer service is a hassle to deal with. They kept offering me refurbed monitor as replacement which I kept refusing. I finally got it replaced with a new monitor after a month or so. Overall, experience with Dell customer support was pretty poor.

3) Ordering part went very smoothly, it was the warranty part that was a problem.

What exactly was the factory defect?

The service is good only for products that have Next Business Day replacement. When I called Dell about random flickering on my U2711, they delivered a new monitor the very next day. They came back after 10 days to collect the old monitor. They didn't care whether it was defective or not.

Back