Monitors Dell G2410 monitor- How good it is?

titan

Disciple
I am planning to buy the acclaimed Dell G2410 LCD monitor. Does anyone has any feedback about this monitor as well as pricing? I have been quoted 14.8K + taxes here in Bangalore. I have also been quoted 12.4K + taxes for S2409w. Any feedback about this monitor will be welcome.

Any other suggestions for 24" monitors are also welcome.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I am not too keen on HDMI. New BenQ model appears to be very close G2410. Does anyone know when it will be available in India?

I will also like to know feedback on Dell after sales service.

titan said:
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I am not too keen on HDMI. New BenQ model appears to be very close G2410. Does anyone know when it will be available in India?

I will also like to know feedback on Dell after sales service.

Service is good for DELL.

Below are rates, as of December 1st 2009, officially from DELL. (Includes tax/freight)

dellquote.jpg

I am using G2410, consumes very less power (20w compared to 80w in regular 24" monitors)
So more backuptime for UPS.

it does dynamic adjustment of brightness/contrast in Eco mode.
The only disappointment was colors were not as good as Samsung monitors. But it may be my over expectations on LED.

Its a low end LED monitor.

Visit the nearest Dell and BenQ outlets and ask for a Demo

Thanks again, guys.

asingh, he pricing chart was very useful.

ss_rakesh, thanks for the feedback on 2410. Can you tell me how much did you get it for?

Dell outlet (at Croma as well as in their the one in their campus) neither have monitors at display nor they sell them. It looks like SP road is the only place where they are available.

Another thing which I have observed is that it is a 16:9 monitor. I am using 16:10 monitors at work, so will also prefer 16:10 at home unless pricing is a deterrent. Do you guys know any decent 16:10 24 inches model under 15K?

When I purchased it, price was around 17k.
Another option is dell normal monitors or monitors from Asus, check out the reviews in Youtube

@Titan:

If you have narrowed down on DELL. Call up the customer service, or place an order on their site, and presto you are done. Why worry/ask about prices. They will give the lowest price. If immediate acquisition is an issue, well I got mine to Delhi in 3 days post EFT.

asingh said:
@Titan:
If you have narrowed down on DELL. Call up the customer service, or place an order on their site, and presto you are done. Why worry/ask about prices. They will give the lowest price. If immediate acquisition is an issue, well I got mine to Delhi in 3 days post EFT.

Thanks for the information, asingh. I visited Dell's Indian site and after registration also, I don't see any way to shop and order online. I guess I need to call them up or send them a mail. Right?

Ok,

Go to this link. It should work, did not look like a dynamic link

In the comments, enquiries, instruction put in what you want. Expect a mail with 1 one working day. Then it is really easy to take forward.

asingh said:
Ok,

Go to this link. It should work, did not look like a dynamic link

In the comments, enquiries, instruction put in what you want. Expect a mail with 1 one working day. Then it is really easy to take forward.

Thanks, asingh. I did that. Hope to get favorable reply.

Back