Monitors Dell increases monitor prices :(

techie_007

Skilled
Ok,

so I was planning to buy a 19" this month.

Have a few friends in dell so managed to get EPP quotes :) wait for it tho....

The quote I got was ~8.9k for the SE198WFP 19".

Talked to a dell sales guy directly in the EPP dept (with my frnds authorisation of course) yday and asked him for some more quotations.

Nz, got a call today:

1. EPP ends from tomorrow. basically the margin is being reduced or something is wat he said. I believe shaken too posted the same thing somewhere. So he told me I had to order today to get any decent EPP pricing.

2. Asked for updated quotes, he quoted 10.3 k :O for the SE198WFP incl 3% octroi. Said prices have all been revised as they stopped production in the chennai plant n now onwards everything would come from malaysia. Dunno how dell expects to sell anything at thos prices. Told him to hold it :p

3. Called up the local dealer where I saw some dell stuff recently. He quotes 10.75 for the same monitor, but I guessed that he had the older chennai stuff n rates ;)

Went off there, bargained, n got a SE198WFP for 9.9k, +instant pickup. Before they jacked up prices :p

Weird part, cheaper than EPP :rofl: Thank god I had his number and could check up with him.

To note: With EPP through the roof, other pricing etc will also be higher, right? Cos EPP is @ cost for Dell.

Disclaimer: Dunno if the sales rep was takin me for a ride, but i doubt it as hes in the EPP division, n i doubt they ll jack up pricing / or try for more margins with employees, will they? :(

The price Switch got quoted for a 22" Ultra sharp was only about 300 bux or so more than the EPP quote I got.

One good thing about this is Dell is being fairer to all it's customers. But bad for guys like us with contacts as now no more special rates for us :p

Back