Laptops DELL Issue

sahil678

Disciple
I'm having Dell Vostro A840 laptop for my basic needs and now the thing is that it turns off automatically whenever it wants and this happened to me maybe twice or thrice in the past 2-3 days.
After pressing the power button it turns on and sometimes the keyboard and mouse doesn't respond for which i've to restart it again.
I don't knw what is happening and whether Dell will understand this issue or not:huh:

Do you keep a gap between the base of the laptop and the bed (the surface it is resting on)? The fan area is for blowing the air out but for that it has to suck the air in. It sucks the air from the bottom vents.

Step 1) Try Updating BIOS (as All fans are smart fans controlled by bios)

Step 2) Clean Air Vents (cloggage of dust can prevent air circulation)

Step 3) Run Diagnostics from F12 Bootable menu and check for error

Step 4) Call up Tech Supp and they shall replace Heatsink and fan for the same and if no go maybe Motherboard for the keyboard or mouse issue

Do check with external keyboard and mouse, if the freezing happens there too

Called up the tech support and after 1 and half hr chat with the guy , the issue could not be known as all diagnostics tests were passed..
Finally he told me that he'll be replacing my motherboard

Any idea which Laptop coolers works for Dell XPS M1330 Laptops? It has vents @ the bottom. I didnt find any coolers which are effective. My Lappy heats up enormously while watching HD Movies, need one quickly :(

Back