Monitors Dell LCD prices dropped by 20%

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Just noticed it after someone posted on another forum!

The 24 inch "entry" model E248WFP is now under 20k pre tax! Previously it was 26k pre tax!

woohoo!

oh, yeah just checked their website. The new prices are mentioned there but when u click on customize, a new page is opened saying that online buying option is not available in this country. So, it's not possible to check the actual price including taxes.

BTW, what panel is Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP? It's 14K only

Its the same panel as 228WFP but with Dell's some truecolor engine or something. It has height adjustment and 4 USB ports. A cut down version of SP2208WFP which has few more options.

Yes prices have dropped significantly.

Some reviews are saying that 228wfp is better than 2208wfp. Even im in the same confusion on which one to get.

generally the "entry" models starting with "E" are TN panels, the "UltraSharp" are the non-TN ones, I believe...

but the 24 inch E248WFP entry TN panel is looking really sweet right now...

i was planning on purchasing a new quadcore desktop around Jan but holding off since AMD's disappointing Phenom launch...

I hope dell's 24 inch entry model remains at this price or lower around march/april and a good 3 ghz quadcore cpu can be had for under rs 15k as well... life will be sweet then...

even im having a confusion between the specs of E228WFP, E2208WFP and SP2208WFP.

Funky has mentioned in another thread the SP2208WFP is better than E228WFP.

well the basic difference between the two being the contrast ratio and the HDMI inputs... Also one comes in silver color and the other in black... The prices although are very tempting... Guess it will be even lower in the next financial year...

2208wfp doesnt have HDMI. There are two versions

2208wfp which has - E228wfp + truecolor or bright + 4 USB ports + Height adjustment

SP2208wfp has webcam + glossy screen + USB ports

Guys...Digmini had got himself a SP2208WFP for 17.5K all inclusive (5 yrs warranty) & that I thing is cheapest any1 has ever got. He got that rate as he had orders 4 another 4~5 228s for 14K (5 yrs warranty). The only problem: Although he can provide the quotation # for the 228s deal, he cannot disclose his quotation # for 2208 as he was made 2 promise this while getting that rate (and also made 2 agree that he'll not be gettig the same rate again). But he can still talk 2 the same dell sales exe (who's not the same Bindu . J, Banik got his monitors 4m) & hope 2 get a price of 18K max.

I spoke 2 him at length yesterday, 2 convince him 2 start another go (which he doesn't need 2 as he already got his monitor) but he agreed & he'll call the same executive on monday & start a GO soon after.

With the price reduction of 20% but subtracting the 4% SAD TAX (which wasn't there at that time) we can hope 2 get a price of approx 18K - 16% ~ 15720 !!!

Now that seems difficult but not impossible (knowing digmini), a SP2208WFP for less than 16K should be swwweeeeet.

Lets see how it goes.

wow that sounds sweet man...I'am sure on the line up is price cuts on 28" and 30" monitors...

What about other companies have they even reduced prices too..

Back