Monitors DELL LCD Ultrasharp

Are there any owners of the DELL Ultrasharp LCD monitors here?
I would like to know if there is a significant difference between the Ultrasharp and the "ordinary" DELL LCD's?

I don't know for sure. But I believe Ultrasharp means a glossy coating, while the normal screens have a regular matt finish.

I personally like the glossy coating, but it causes a lot of reflections which can be distracting. The matt finish is no longer popular, but some people insist on them.

Dell uses the Ultrasharp word for displays which have one or more of these attributes brighter, better color reproduction, higher resolution, better viewing angles.

For Laptop screens, Ultrasharp directly means higher brightness and resolution.

For Desktop screens this usually means higher brightness, color reproduction and better viewing angles.

Yes, the Ultrasharp sure are better than the economy models, the economy models usually use cheaper TN Panels while the ultrasharp models use better panels like S-IPS, S-PVA etc

But whether they are worth the money are not depends on your eyes. Some people cannot see the difference unless both displays are kept side to side, other like can see the difference directly. So Look for youself and choose.

There used to be a significant difference but newer TN panels are quite good!

Surely Ultrasharp is quite a bit better.

Back